Cubase 11.0.10 AND Windows Crash after Windows 10 updates itself with KB50000802

Cubase Pro 11.0.10 AND Windows Crash after updating Windows 10 with KB50000802

1. Starting Cubase 11
  2. Opening a project from Hub
  3. The project is going to load for a few second
    3 Crash of Cubase AND Windows

System: AMD FX-8120 processor
RAM 16 GB
Sound: Focusrite Scarlett 8i6
VGA AMD Radeon
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Build 19042.867

Did Cubase generate a .dmp file?

%userprofile%\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps

My system got that update yesterday, no ill effects.

Thanks for quick reply…
There is no fresh .dmp file…
But after uninstalling the update everything works fine.

Hi!

Just installed this update and no issues here either

kind regards

hm… temporary solution, so that’s good.

If Windows blue-screened, that sounds like it could be a driver issue – not necessarily Steinberg related, like video…

The blue screen contains as followings:
Stop code: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
Error issue: win32kfull.sys

Did you do a search for that term?

https://www.google.com/search?q=win32kfull

in progress :slight_smile:

I have found some interesting…
I run a search for the win32kfull,sys file and it was updated today in 4 different locations, but it looks like two different version in different locations because of different size. If I check the version number it is the same: 10.0.19041.867 but the file size is different: 2,62 MB or 3.63 MB. Or one is packed and other one is unpacked?
Locations (not all): C.\windows\System32 => 3,63 MB
C:\Windows\SysWOW64 => 2,62 MB

I would just wait for MS to reissue the update - looks like they might have pulled it due to blue screens with the error you mentioned.

1 Like

Pffff… I have a Kyocera printer as well and the driver is installed of course. After I red this article I tried to print a sheet and the result was the same, Windows crash. But what would be the dependency between the printer driver and Cubase?

Probably one bit of software telling another bit of software to do something that’s impossible.

1 Like

Hello all,
I guess I have the same problem after Windows 10 Updates KB4023057, KB5000802, KB4580325.

But even if I undo these updates my Cubase 11.0.10.321 does not start anymore.
It breaks down during the start screen. My Log file is attached.
Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2021.3.23 12.08.04.407.dmp (437.5 KB)

There is no bluescreen just the start window closes and nothing more is going to happen.
I run a Dell XPS 15 9570 with i7-8750H, 64 Bit, 32 GB RAM with Universal Audio Apollo x8 via Thunderbolt 3.

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Thank you very much for your support as I am getting nervous caused on a client appointment this afternoon.

Best regards
Simon

I have solved the problem now by assigning the internal intel graphic driver to cubase.
Afterwards Cubase starts again.

In my case you can find these settings like listed below:

1. nvidia control panel
  2. 3D Settings
  3. Manage 3D Settings
  4. Program Settings
  5. Add Cubase here to the programs listed and select internal grafic as preferred grafic processor. Apply and Cubase should start again.

Best regards
Simon

Hello smk_productions,

can you please tell me at Step 5. what is meant with “select internal grafic as preferred grafic processor”?
Yesterday I was working on a song in Cubase 11 and afterwards Windows performed an bigger update. Since then I’m not able to start Cubase properly anymore. It just crashes at the Splashscreen when “Chords something” appears and closes.

I have a 4-hdmi-port-graphics-card (Nvidia) equipped on the mainboard.

I think your solution could resolve it but I’m not sure what the second part of 5. really means. I don’t see such an entry in the Nvdia-Panel under 3D-Settings.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Patrick