Cubase 11.0.10 update: "An unsupported operating system has been detected"

Hi,
I’ve tried a few times to apply the 11.0.10 update patch but just get a pop-up from the installer:
“The installer has detected that your system does not meet the minimum requirements to install Steinberg Cubase 11.

An unsupported operation system has been detected. Please make sure that you are using Windows 8.1 or a newer version of the Windows operating system”

I’m running Windows 8.1, with Cubase Pro 11.0.0 installed and working just fine.

Anyone else seen this, and maybe managed to make the updater work?

Cheers,
Simon

I haven’t heard of anyone doing that. If you’re already using Win 8, what’s stopping you from moving to Win 10?

Just caution… and bad experiences with previous OS upgrades.
I don’t suppose Steinberg intended to remove Win8.1 support with this patch though.

I’ll just refer you to the system requirements.

I would not run such an old OS myself for day to day stuff. Windows 10 is so much better.

Ah, I see what you mean…
I’ve been upgrading by step since Cubase 7.5, prior to Win10 release. Deprecating support for 8.1 slipped me by,

It is confusing that the installer tells me Win8.1 is supported though.

For what it’s worth I didn’t see a statement saying Win 8 was deprecated – there might be something else going on on your system.

There have been many additions to Win 10 that help in terms of midi and audio, so if you don’t have mission critical stuff, Win 10 would be an upgrade. But I hear you on the fear factor.

1 Like