Cubase 11.0.41 installation on macOS 12.0.1 (Monterey) is, understandably, not yet stable

Just a brief FYI for Cubase Pro 11 (11.0.41) users based on my recent experience:

• Do look before you leap before upgrading to macOS 12 (Monterey).
  • There are frequent screen freezes resulting in "force quit’ action.
  • Drivers for your hardware devices are best installed by editing “Startup/Recovery Mode” as noted in the download specifications.
  • But, even when they appear in Devices/Studio Setup and are selected, they disappear when re-opening Cubase 11.0.41…

After many hours of research and conversations with Steinburg/Apple support and this forum, I’m leaning toward reverting back to macOS 11.0 (Big Sur) and downloading Cubase 11.0.2, etc., according to the Cubase/macOS 11 compatibility chart.

However, I’d love to hear more about your similar experience(s) and resolution(s). Please help!

I had been using Cubase 11.0.30 & Big Sur 11.6 with no issues on 2018 i7 Mac mini, MOTU 624/8D but after I updated Cubase to 11.0.41 and Big Sur to 11.6.1 I started getting playback issues, stuttering, CPU spikes. After trying everything I could think of to solve it, I was about to do a clean install of Big Sur but then thought I might as well try Monterey. So I updated to Monterey (I didn’t do a clean install just updated with all data in place) and so far everything has been fine, Cubase is working fine again. So far all plugins work OK, Arturia, Kontakt, Slate Drums, Spectrasonics.

First time in ages I have done a OS update so near it’s release, I usually wait 6 months or so.

Thanks srn2016 for your input. It’s beginning to look like this may be a M1 chip issue.