Cubase 11.0.41 maintenance update released

Copy and paste. If you are new to the forum you might not be able to post links.

Hi,
I have just updated to version 11.0.41. I noticed the scolling on the instruments in the mix window is not working as it used to. Group and Fx and midi are all fine but when instruments is selected in the filter channel drop down, the mix window doesn’t scroll. Any advice or is this a bug?!
Best wishes,
David

RESOLVED:
Just found the reason. The instruments were allocated to the left zone. I’ve repositioned them to the centre zone which allows scrolling. Issue resolved.

okay, I still had 10.5 installed. that works great for me. I prefer to wait until sometime again comes an update.

Works fine here no ARA zoom out problems either all working great so far, another great patch thank you!

I’m experiencing higher cpu usage compared to previous version working on the same projects. Some crashes too

1 Like
  1. Develop a backup and restore strategy. Do it now.
  2. Practice restoring from backups. Do it now.

In future, never update a working system without a backup. In short, if you ever change anything, and something breaks, it’s your own fault and nobody else’s, so you’d better be prepared to revert whatever it was that you changed.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips, but I have backups. My problem was, that I just didn’t know at that point, that I still had an older version of Cubase stored on my computer. And so I didn’t know how to continue working now, when I only have a buggy Cubase. But now I’m back to 10.5 and have fewer bugs.

Can you guys please do a better job on notifying us of these releases! The link to the release notes above says bad gateway… Please put the latest updates list back on the main homepage like it was. Also go back to the old version of the forum, it was better. Please take a serious look at your website strategy, its gotten worse in the last year or two and less usable and kind of painful. I really need the ARA fix and I didn’t know about it for 10 days?? That’s a problem, come up with a better way of notifying us on updates PLEASE!!!

3 Likes

I LOVE the change to the track names in the mixer window. This is going to save my brain so much! By necessity my track names frequently need to be fairly long so I never really knew exactly what I was looking at. The new change is going to spare me many headaches!! Thank you!

After update all steinberg plugins look like they are in safe mode))) Good job!

Looks like you have the plug-in set to show in Generic Editor mode. Click the down triangle in top right and can you select switch to Plug-In Editor to get the GUI back. I’m not aware of any setting that forces the plug-ins to open in Generic Editor mode.

I do not have such settings.
GUI is disabled in alll steinberg plugins after update.
Other plugins work fine.

One wonders if, in preparing its updates, Steinberg is testing outside of its offices. I almost no longer use Cubase, which is not able to provide a professional clip gain (and since its unforgivable crash related to the eLicencer), and so I did not do the update. But the horror stories on this thread make you shudder.

Hello, I have downloaded Cubase 11.0.41 but now "the warp algoritythm of several audio clips is not supported by this program version. Presets will be set to default. (It gives for plug-ins)
Well, I only am a user of this program and for me it is difficult to solve cuabase problems.

Can someone help me to get everything fixed?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I have a similar problem as well plus it takes FOREVER to save a project as well as shutting down Cubase sometimes takes upwards of 30 MINUTES (or I just get tired of waiting and I kill it from the task manager}. I really wish that these developers would TEST this stuff prior to releasing it instead of us users being the system test group!!!

Have you tried starting Cubase in Safe Mode with Deactivate all 3rd party plug-ins?

If it then shuts down properly, then I would look at your 3rd party plugs.

All worked well with 11.0.40. It all started to happen when i “upgraded” to 11.0.41

I would still try Safe Mode on your current version, or go back to 11.0.41. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if you do go back to 11.0.41 if it now manifests the same problem.

After many years of shut-down issues, IMO starting with Safe Mode is a process of elimination. Many, but not all reference a 3rd party plug-in. That’s why my suggestion, even though it worked before, is to try Safe Mode.

The longer way is to start with a total blank project and load suspicious plugs. Or take an existing project and delete suspicious plugs. But if you have lots of plugs, it’s tedious. Another aspect is the combination of certain plugs which makes this method worthless. Without 3rd party plug-ins the issue still exists. All I’m suggesting is make sure it isn’t a 3rd party plug because the alternative fix, relying on Steinberg may be a long wait. Don’t forget to look at multiple threads here about shut-down issues too.

That’s what I am experiencing. Certain combinations of plug-ins wil make a project unstable. Everything works fine, you save. Now when you reload the project, crash.
Crash log points at 3rd party plug-in, but starting an empty project first, then loading the crashing project often works. Or getting rid of some plug-ins, not necessarily the plug-in in the crash log will fix it too.
The sequence of loading plug-ins(determined by Cubase) seems to be hit or miss in some cases.
It’s like there is some critical mass of 3rd party plug-ins that will make projects unstable.
It’s not CPU load, my stuff is not very demanding, I always have plenty CPU power left.

Hello,

I’m currently running v11.0.40 build 446 but I’m unable to upgrade to 11.0.41

Whether I do it via the SDA or by going into the folder and double-clicking the EXE, it terminates with a message saying ‘the installation source is unavailable’.
This happens at the point after the EXE is unpacked and installs the VC++ runtime, if needed.

Steinberg support has suggested a few things to check but none of those helped.