Cubase 11, Big Sur and Apple-silicon M1 Macs

I’d like to confirm that Cubase 10.5 and Halion 6 work normally on my Mac Mini M1.

There were no issues at all.

I heard there are issues with Cubase 11, but 10.5 works fine (and all the plugins work as expected, even Kontakt).

1 Like

MacBook Air M1 here (16G/512G). Cubase 11.0.10 seems to run nicely on it, just tried it for the first time.

Tested quickly with some common VSTs I use: Kontakt 6, Zebra2, Omnisphere, FabFilter bundle, SoundToys Bundle, Plugin Alliance stuff like MC77 & Shadow Hills Compressor.

Feels promising so far. Only crash was when authorising Plugin Alliance plugins, but after the crash the plugins were authorised and working normally.

Voxengo have now released CurveEQ for apple silicon. At least one step that needed to release Cubase for native apple silicon.

If V10.5 works fine on M1, and I can’t use my V11 upgrades because it is non functional on a new computer, they should give me an activation code for V10.5 to use in the meantime. I was on V8, on a 10-year-old machine…the upgrade can not work on the old machine, because I can not install a new enough operating system for 11 to work. NOR can I use the upgrade on my new machine. So for now have nothing for the upgrade.

You already have one included with your C11 license-- Just install and run the program

1 Like

I assumed each product requires its own activation code… So, the activation code for my Cubase 11 will run any of its predecessors? That is good news. If so I will try downloading the full version of 10.5 and running it. Thank you.

It’s your license, your activation code disappears when you activated your license.

For whatever derivative you bought, Pro, Artist, etc, you can use all earlier versions.

I just bought my first Mac; a Mac Mini M1 (16 GB) used with an RME Babyface. I can compare this to my PC (i9 64GB 12 cores) with Lynx E44 converter.

I am using Nuendo 11, and just VSL Synchronized Pianos now with a couple of Nuendo effects.

My scenario is different as I play piano very fast and often with sustain.

On the Mac, I have to somewhat increase the latency, limit the amount of notes in VSL and I have to lower the bitrate to 16 bit 44.1 kHz. If I do not do this, I will for certain get drop-outs. Latency is barely acceptable for live performances.

I am currently using Rosetta. Probably things will improve but nobody can say exactly when.

1 Like

Cubase can’t read my elicenser every time I reboot my machine. I have to pull the key, launch the elicense app and then plugin the dongle again. Quite the dance I’m doing multiple times a week. Apple M1 Mini lastest versions of all software installed. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

B

I have the same problem (Nuendo)

The M1 transition completed mostly with Cubase 12 and M1 is very solid/stable in Cubase 12 and 13.