Cubase 11 Crash - New install

Just rebuild the PC - Windows 10 - i7 processor - new clean Cubase 11.0.3 install.
Latest project crashes Cubase while loading. Run again without preferences and everything is fine. I put the preferences back (Saffire AISO and Preferences) and it’s all good.
What in the preferences would cause it to crash and why are the preferences always an issue? It’s been this way since I started with Cubase 5. Maybe the next update would fix the issues.
Here are 2 crash dumps…
Cubase Crash 1
Cubase Crash 2

Hi,

Do I understand you right, it crashed only once? Did it crash during the very 1st Cubase start?

Hi,

Both of the crashes are totally out of Cubase. There is no Cubase or any plug-in mentioned in the Stack text at all.

Martin,
The crashing has stopped. I removed a couple VSTs that I had concerns about. That project is complete and any projects I’ve started new have had no issues.
I’m not sure what the prompt to start without ‘preferences’ actually refers to. Is it the ‘Preferences’ file that I load in ‘Edit/Preferences’ or more than that? The Saffire AISO isn’t part of that file but it needs to be re-assigned afterwards.

Hi,

Starting without preferences means, the whole folder, where are all Cubase preferences stored, is renamed or removed. Then you get Cubase factory settings.