Cubase 11 Customer Feedback Survey

Perhaphs I misunderstood the way you intend to say this but this is clearly visible when you look at the Cubase 11 features page…

@LoveGames Fair enough. I hear where you’re coming from (although you seem like an undercover steinberg sales rep). Either way I guess arguing won’t change it, and im not saying the pro version doesnt have its place for the producer who needs it. But i just feel like there are a large majority of producers who dont need all the other pro features and would be entirely happy if batch export was in the artist version… I know for my production style it would’ve been the perfect fit… but now i have to pay 500 more dollars for 1 feature. Thats all im saying. Yes i know its bitching and moaning… thats what a forum is for sometimes

Well in any niche commercial software market, one could pay $500 for a very particular thing that allows for some sort of tangible engineered increase in productivity. If you are making profit with your work, and $500 allows you to complete said work some x-faster… It’s probably worth it. It might take a year to crest, but if you plan on doing this for profit for 30 years, it’s still worth it.

Which is why these features are in the pro version. In a commercial setting, completing multiple projects a day where maybe you have a Music composer, a music and dialogue editor, and a mixer all working in rooms next to each other, then something like Batch Export is going to increase productivity and number of projects completed per day.

1 Like

That’s like saying if a DIYer wants to pay a professional plasterer to plaster their walls, then they should themselves should pay and own the tools required to do it.

i.e. Wanting professional results, does not make you a professional… There’s no logic in that thinking whatsoever.

As @powernemo has already pointed out, it’s a marketing ‘feature’ anyway, and only a rough approximation on what is specifically ‘pro’. Truth is batch exporting is barely a necessity when you can do it individually… It’s a time saver that pros benefit from who do it weekly/daily. But that’s not to dismiss a hobbyist also wanting to use the feature a couple of times a year.

Perhaps they should put a limit on how often you use it! :slight_smile: lol

That’s sort of a false equivalency. It’s more similar to a construction company who owns tools and has protocols, and then hires workers and or subcontracts. In this context, someone is building a track, and then hiring a mixer.

Or more like, me renovating my house and having friends/workers come help and having tools to provide for everyone, and paying them on top.

This is sort of misconstruing and over simplifying what I said. Wanting PROfessional results in your head doesn’t make you a PROfessional. Taking PROfessional steps to get PROfessional results, especially when you are including other PROfessionals in your PROduction - - pretty well very nearly if not does make you a “PROfessional”, though I would fully define it as also making PROfit from your work, aka PROfession.

PROfessional = PROfession. Doing something as a profession and source of PROfit.

Art is not always a profession and does not always have income attached.

This particular user is self-PROducing a PROduct, and part of their PROduction PROtocol on this particular PROduct or PROject, is going to hire and include a PROfessional mixer of whom likely a prerequisite of that PROfessional mixer taking on a PROject is that they recieve PROfessional materials - PROfessionally named and organized multi-track exports.

Certainly an aspect of PROject PROduction, is deciding on a roster of people to be involved and when and why and how and how long and to what degree or specific task. Multi-Track Export is designed to be a feature that facilitates multiple professionals being involved on a single project, as well as, render archiving which is typically seen to be a “professional” established work ethic.

Just because it’s a marketing ‘feature’, doesn’t mean there isn’t a logic or thought process behind the separation of features from version tier to the next - there is. They aren’t just arbitrarily picking features out of hat for each version.

I WIN

Offering a rental service might make more sense, where one can rent Cubase 11 for a month (after demo period) for $20 or something

Hi,

I don’t want Cubase to become yet another “sweety-barbie-style” Logic Pro toy for teenagers.

Personaly I think the most important thing to repair/change are the serious Cubase graphic issues and backward compatibility. Not everyone need to change the OSX all the time to the newest (worst) versions, because Apple expect it… Steinberg should definitely avoid taking part in an Apple rat race competition and should concentrate on Pro users.

I plan to leave OSX due to Apple’s arrogance and disregarding professional customers. Let them sell ipads, iphones and other toys, but I don’t need them in my work - they stopped to be a serious company for me.

Keep going Steinberg, BUT think about backward compatibility (for example OSX 10.13 High Sierra) and serious graphic problems. I really don’t need OSX Mojave, I need my Cubase 10.5 Pro working solid on my OSX 10.13 without graphic bugs. I have lot of analog synths and gear configured to work perfectly with my audio and MIDI interfaces under 10.13.

1 Like

ok well, I’m not going to finish the survey. You have 20 features you want us to pick from and rank what to work on in the future. Honestly I think there are some way more important tasks than any on that list.
Cubase still has too many critical bugs which render some of its features unusable in certain situations. At least UI-improvement is on the list. Bug-fixing should be too. And another thing is community-management and support, like at leasting getting some answer to bugreports or problems.

I think you misread the list. The list of 20 was of things included in the update in order of what you appreciated most - not what should be worked on.

I think ‘bugs’ is sort of an obvious entity that is constantly included in every minor and major release, so it doesn’t need to be on the list.

Whether you agree with the contents or not, the sooner this batch of development points is prioritized by users, the sooner we can move on to other things in the future perhaps.

Imo, the survey was pretty well on point, and in the end, you get an entry to type whatever comments you want.

1 Like

I am one of those that asked for snap to key OR better arpeggiator. Now with the snap to key I don’t need an arpeggiator cause I can just draw them in as fast. consider this a - DONE for me :slight_smile:

@Matthias_Quellmann
Thanks for the survey !
like a lot of other people working 5 days a week on Cubase, i wait until i have a week “off” beetween projects to update, which will be february or march this year for me.
when do the survey will ends this year ?

A post was split to a new topic: Missing halon Symphonic Orchestra Factory Presets 01

Ok.
I updated windows to 10.
Got another issue with another week old ticket without any answer.
Whats next?))

btw that year old ticket is closed with no reason. nice.
I’ve got a question - are tickets closed automatically, is it ok? No humans involved?))

regards

1 Like

Love this respond, I do professional work and I also am super happy with chord assistant, Not everyone has a master degree in music or knows how to play the piano, There are many different type of users and I think that Steinberg did an amazing job on C11

I do mayor 150 plus tracks of guitars, fx and instruments for mayor artist and C11 is very stable so far.
I wish scale assistant was in Variaudio but I also understand that this may not be something that’s being requested by many.

In conclusion,
we all need to understand that we are not the only user, there are many with different needs and I believe that Steinberg will eventually satisfy everyone but not all at once…

Here’s another electronic music producer using Cubase Pro 11. Have done the survey, but didn’t recognize the comment field on the last page. So I’d like to add here what I like and some wishes.

1. The Features: Cubase is extremely feature-rich and stable compared to other daws. VariAudio3, ARA2, a sophisticated mixer with snapshots, LUFS metering, control room, dynamic EQ, several multiband effects, a huge array of high quality stock plugins, makros, etc. and hundreds of improvements and functions for very specific users with very specific needs. I like that because you reduce dependencies and you get a lot for your money. For the new user Cubase’s overwelming feature richness may be the advantage of other daws, that for instance concentrate on electronic music and are easier to learn.
  2. The User-Interface: I very much like the new Cubase look and feel. Having used Cubase since Version SX3 and other daws for many years. I came back to Cubase also because for me the Interface plays a big role. It looks great and zooming, scrolling works very good. I am glad, they didn’t go down the road of total flat-design. Working in a DAW means also you look at it and it’s plugins a lot and it should be pleasing. Here for me Cubase at least since version 10 wins against many other daws.
  3. Performance: It is quite CPU friedly compared to others daws.
  4. Loops?: I.m.o. we don’t need Loops like Logic did borrow it from Live recently. Cubase is not a live performing tool. Even most Ab. Live producers, who don’t perform live on stage, use the arranger view from start to finish.
  5. Wished features:
  • You should be able to UNDO everything (here in Germany Strg+Z). In othere DAWs you can undo for instance mixer change, pluging parameter change. In Cubase often not.
  • The audio warping and free warp in Live is done easier, with less steps, maybe this could be improved also in the future.
  • Mediabay auto update. Often I have to call Media update manually after changes to files. Is there a possibility to automate it? Or is it already there and I missed it?
  • Compared to other daws there is always a small lag between hitting space (or play on a controller) and actual playback start. This could be because of reads from the dongle in the Pro version? This is a little thing but others daws react immediatley and for electronic music production it would be a good thing, but not most important.

Kind Regards

2 Likes

you can usually undo these in the ‘undo’ on the mixconsole window:

You can Undo Edits, Mixer/Plugin Changes, Zoom, and Visibility. They all have separate undo commands… all of mine are Z modifiers…

ctrl-z - standard undo
ctrl-shift-z - standard redo
alt-z - undo zoom
ctrl-alt-z redo zoom
shift-z - undo visiblity
alt-shift-z - redo visiblity.

I use ctrl+page up/page down for mixer undo/redo.

You can also save Mixer SnapShots, which is like a giant undo/redo for the entire mixer (automation not incl.), and you can also ‘Save Selected Channels’ / ‘Load Selected Channels’.

Survey completely the day it was released , great stuff , still very happy with this 11.0 release