Cubase 11 Elements frequent crashes

I have been struggling with crashes that seem to be happening more often with time. Most of the time they happen when I save or try to close the program.

Can someone please have a look at my crashlogs?

My specs are:
Cubase 11.0.40
Win 10 21H2 OS build 19044.1466

Intel(R) Core™ i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
16,0 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks in advance!
Cubase Elements 11.0.40.446 64bit 2021.11.13 21.44.32.239.dmp (1.1 MB)

Hi,

What graphic card do you use, please? Is your graphic card driver up to date, please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hi Martin,

Sorry, I forgot to post that.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Approx. Total Memory: 12213 MB
Display Memory: 1064 MB
Shared Memory: 8148 MB

Driver Version 21.21.13.7667
Date 1/15/2017 01:00:00

I guess I should try to update. XD Hopefully that helps…

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.
1 Like

Hi, I did that but sadly there way no studio driver available for my GX. I used the newest WHQL Certified available which is 472.12 September 20, 2021.

Hope it gets better.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, sadly the fix did not work. I keep having freeze issues and every time I want to close the program, I have to use end task in the task manager. As a music producer, this is just not reliable enough and I’m actually very disappointed. When you’re in the flow creating music you can’t constantly get thrown off by software problems. I will attach new logs from my next crash very soon.

I have been using elements to test the software and was planing on buying pro since it has more possibilities and is more convenient for extrenal hardware, but honestly, I probably will be buying a different DAW. This is actually sad, because I love working in Cubase, but it’s just not working correctly.

Please help!