[Cubase 11] How do you 'render-in-place' post-fader SEND only (e.g. reverb)?

1. So, unfortunately I really like post-fader state of reverb that I made it as my lead vocal’s ‘send’.
    But, it is not on pre-fader which means, the amplitude will change if I make it from post to pre…

In my case, if I wanna just ‘print’ *render in place ‘as it is’, how do Cubase professionals would do…?!

1. loop-back recording inside DAW through audio interface
  2. manually level-match after rendering

I wish there was an easy way…? Thanks!

Lets say, if I made post-fader of lead vocal -1.66dB <— does this mean, ‘simply’ the SEND of my valhalla plate verb just gets also reduced -1.66dB

OR

does this mean that all its saturation level, reverb tail level becomes ‘affected’ by the reduced fader of that lead vocal…?

I am a bit confused and really want to nail and make it sure that I print exactly the same,
though I can phase reverse and check if it 100% cancels out but! since it is reverb, I cannot get 100 percent exactly right…

Anyone having such dillemma as mine?

1. My second side question is, related to Waves H-delay… if I made it as ‘insert’ and made it dry/wet level as about value 7 <— How would you all approach to just print H-delay…?! this job is pain in the ass for me… because I don’t know how much amplitude gets affected by each value of dry/wet…

Maybe I should have made it as send/aux from the first place…

Yes, that answers them all. :slight_smile:

Besides, you cannot export/rip/freeze what you are not hearing. If a delay is inserted, the exported file must include the delay, there’s no exception. There’s no guarantee that dry/wet knob of the H-Delay is placed before saturation and other dynamic behaviour or after, we have no way to know as well as where the nominal is and what curve it has. You have to investigate that yourself if you really need to know that.

The concept of ‘post fader insert’ is actually ‘invented’ by Steinberg decades ago, there is no such insertion point on real desks (except for the master section of very large consoles). The main reason for having such insertion was dithering but because it is there, we could use it for any plugin and I can imagine it looks easier to use post insert for exclusive reverbs. But actually, it isn’t. Use of post-fader inserts is quite limited, maybe only be suitable for brick wall limiters on master, soft compression as the safeguard of fader riding or for pure digital EQ.

And in your case, if you turn down fader by 1.66dB, the input to the plugin will be turned down by 1.66dB. If the reverb has dynamic behaviour, that will be affected by that change.
There isn’t an easy way to separate them if you use insertion for these. If I had to do this, I will duplicate the track and set one 100% dry, another for 100% wet and change gain a little bit before going into the reverb and print them both.

Right. Makes sense… I thought there could be a super-natural way inside the Cubase… haha…

I need to get my habit right… :slight_smile:

I like your nickname by the way :slight_smile: