Cubase 11 is flying on Mac OS Big Sur

Hi to everyone out there. I’m currently running Cubase Pro 11 on my iMac 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with a 5K screen. I have not yet upgraded from Cataline to the Big Sur for the obvious reasons but I am contemplating doing so if the consensus is favourable. Has anybody dived in with the update with a similar system to mine?

Be interested to know if you did a clean install of Big Sur or an upgrade over Catalina?

Will be trying that one myself soon. I have the Mac Pro and an old iMac. The older iMac I have just wiped and done a complete clean reinstall but it only supports up to Catalina.
Was going to use that clean install as the base start point for the Mac Pro and a Big Sur update.

For Info
I recently installed a Reverb plugin from Inspired Acoustics which was a recent free promotional offering called Inspirata Lite. The sound was good but the plugin caused my Cubase 11 to generate random freezes. So have removed. Steinberg examined my crash logs and advised this plug was causing my problem.

Just be aware that while Cubase itself runs well on Big Sur, some stock plugins don’t. Groove Agent SE and Retrologue have UI errors and are barely usable right now. This is a known issue and a shame they rolled it out that way.

Thanks. I think you may have saved me much aggravation. I’m still behind on 10.14.6 but everything works. I have a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro and I would hate to have to take it back to Apple store. I think for now, I’ll just hold off. I don’t think Steinberg will stop supporting Mojave anytime soon.

My new Mac mini M1 with 8 gigs of memory, 256 SSD , Big Sir OS.
Is running Cubase 11 pro and most of my waves series 12 plugins and all of my Cubase native plugs all work with no glitch, other then Hailon sonic se .My interface is a presonus Itwo , 50 inch 4K monitor . I am able to write , record with no problems. I see Big Sir has an update, I won’t be upgrading anything till I see updates from Steinberg and Waves. This is has been my experience.

I have upgraded my 2019 16" MBP to Big Sur and now my Cubase (10.5 and 11) are also flying. But just because it uses so much CPU my fan is constantly blowing and it gets uncomfortably hot on my knees. With one audio file on one track and no plugins used. To be fair S1 5.4. had the same problem. S1 5.5 fixed it somehow.