Cubase 11 is near?

Ive heard they have canceled all updated and bug fixes for the next 3 years because you’ve all been naughty school children :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :mrgreen:

if you have a time machine, why not just go back to the 70s and kill Austin Powers while he’s sitting on the crapper or something?

its a limited addition with bugs,goes only 2 years back and forward,it’s actually 2018 but im stuck in 2020.not the best year to stuck in(but at least cubase 10.5 is here)

If they release Cubase11 late they should Backbone in the absolute bundle to keep us happy :sunglasses: :smiley:

Cubase 11 will come bundled with a bonus virus that will keep you working from home for another year. :slight_smile:°

To the “Lounge” with you all! :laughing:

Yes , , It would be great to go back to the 60’s and 70’s whem music and love was the in thing.
It would be much better than owning a mobile phone and having foul mouthed obese :smiley: women everywhere

Interesting obervation though from their Shop; You cannot buy Cubase 10,5 Pro at the moment, it says “Available soon”. But you get Cubase 10.5 Pro if you buy the full version of Cubase Artist :exclamation:

It’s available in their shop when I look…

Because they have (had) the “Buy 'Artist get Pro” - deal…

Got it now, just read it was limited to 28th of July, but still today in the shop it is promoted

Didn’t you hear ?

Completely new GUI (looking more like Logic X and UAD LUNA), see attached photo.
Windows and Linux only.
it will be renamed to Q-Base X.
Pro version only will be bug-free.

Oh goodness not this again? You would think that people are too busy making music to go on about this. I am lucky as C10.5 works well for me and I am able to use it as it should be used. It’s like having a great car and then a new version comes out with a fancy multi-coloured dashboard light. Do you buy the car? I’m afraid that you do. Isn’t capitalism a wonderful thing?

Working in a DAW doesn’t require an office… all this can be done at home.

“Oh goodness” Stop being a sourpuss.

YES THIS again!

What I say to all those with your attitude: go and find another topic to participate in if you don’t like this one!

You don’t even need to read it, nor are you forced to participate in it or are you?? :confused:

Don’t be ridiculous and arrogant to complain about a topic of conversation that you don’t like and that is a topic that makes some of us happy such as the arrival of Santa Claus to a kid, what the heck is the problem?

And by the way, some of us have been bright enough to save our upgrade without activating it yet since 9.5, so what the heck does capitalism have to do with it? Some of us like to see what’s new in the DAW, if you’re so happy with your 10.5, congratulations! You don’t need to upgrade! If this is so capitalist, how did you reach 10.5?

DAWs need to evolve and grow.

But it is kind of silly, I’m sure the features for Cubase 11 are already set in stone and partially done by now.
Now discussing Cubase 12 or 13, would IMHO make more sense. Software development is a lot slower than many (it seems) anticipate.
Telling people not to participate because you don’t like their opinion, is not very fruitful for the discussion, and will most likely result in the opposite.
I think Steinberg could be more open regarding the roadmap for Cubase. Nothing specific down to details, but goals like : “improve or finish HiDpi in the next few versions” etc.
That would take the air out of some wild speculations.
Workflow and GUI changes don’t sell new copies, new plugins and features do.
Having enough capital to do the workflow and GUI changes needed to retain the “old” Cubase user base, requires being able to attract new users.
Not an easy task, all we can do as users is, hope for the best (discuss our needs) and vote with our wallet.

It is pretty much the same discussion every year, and I understand why some find it “oh no, not again” :slight_smile:

I enjoy the speculation every year. This thread has just started it a bit earlier than normal in July rather than November :laughing:

Since Cubase v7 the new releases have been in Nov/Dec every year.
I suspect it will be the same this year, but who knows?
I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

In the last three years, my workflow has benefited diddly from the updates. It’s time to cater to the MIDI composers please Steinberg. After all, Cubase was the MIDI composers DAW. Which is why I picked it.

I agree that Steinberg should release a roadmap to at least outline features that are being worked on.