Cubase 11 is not finding Native Instruments Kontakt

I just upgraded to Cubase 11. All my third-party plug-ins are working fine (as in 10.5), but none of my Native Instruments stuff is showing up in 11. It’s just not there. Any suggestions?

Do you mean when you add an Instrument to the Rack, add an Instrument Track - or do you mean in the Plugin Manager - Instruments tab?

If it’s missing in the latter, is the NI stuff in the Blocklist tab?

Also of interest:

and

It happens when I try to add an instrument track - all the other plug-ins are there - only NI Kontakt is missing. It’s not in the blocked list - it’s nowhere to be seen. As I mentioned- everything is fine in 10.5. The problem is only happening in Cubase 11.

Did you check if VST2 locations that Cubase knows about also contain your NI Instrument plugins as per the links I attached to my prior post? (depending if you’re on a Mac or on Windows)?

The Native Instruments plug-ins are in C:/Program Files/Native
Instruments/

If Cubase 10.5 finds thing properly, why doesn’t Cubase 11?

Dave

As Nico5 says - are you plugin paths setup correctly in the plugin manager ?

1 Like

Go to the Plugin manager. Look at the directories in the lower pane (go to cogwheel if you can’t see them) Ensure NI stuff is within these paths. If not add a new path. Then in the upper pane press refresh. Check if they show, if they don’t show they are probably blacklisted. Cubase 11 does not recognise VST2s

VST2 are still supported - 32 bit, on the other hand, haven’t been supported for quite some time…OP says he’s running 64bit.

I’m also willing to bet that “C:/Program Files/Native Instruments/” isn’t the actual plugin location…

1 Like

In Plugin Manager, you can check what the folder locations are that Cubase will check to find VST plugins. Click on the little cog-wheel at the bottom of the Plugin Manger Window to see the folders that Cubase will search for VST plugins. Here is my current setup:

So maybe open Cubase 10.5 and check what folders Cubase 10.5 was including in its search for VST plugins.

And then make sure Cubase 11 has all the same folder locations listed. If needed, add the missing folder locations to the Plugin Manager in your Cubase 11.

After you’ve made changes, you may have to click on the little “Rescan All” icon, just to the right of the search field at the top of the Plugin Manager window.

p.s. The actual VST plugin filenames end with .dll. So for example some of NI plugin file names are:

• the Kontakt 6 plugin file name is Kontakt.dll
  • the Kontakt 5 plugin file name is Kontakt 5.dll
  • the Massive plugin file name is Massive.dll
  • the Massive X plugin file name is Massive X.dll
    etc

So if needed, you can also use the Windows Explorer search function to see where those plugin files are located.

1 Like

Thank you, Thank you, thank you. I added the correct path - rescanned
the plug-ins and voila! I’m back in business.

All the best in 21.

Dave

1 Like

Glad you’re back in business!

If you want to make it easy for others to find this solution, you could mark the appropriate reply to your original question as “solution” in this thread.