Cubase 11 - macOS Monterey officially supported

11 only runs in Rosetta on an ARM Mac. The upcoming version will run without it.

1 Like

Thats great news, does this mean everything will run faster and slicker generally speaking? Do you think I will notice a performance difference?

I would hope so. I imagine Rosetta does take a little bit of a hit with the translating, I dont remember a serious decrease back in the PPC Rosetta era but this is totally different. Im on the last i7 Intel Mac mini, the M1 came out like 4 months after I bought it and the numbers on the ‘low end’ M1 Mac mini eat mine alive so I would think Cubase 12 on an ARM machine is going to be killer.

I recently installed Cubase 11 pro on a MacBook Air M1 2020 OS Monterey 12.0.1 but the interface is not sending any audio to the computer, I can’t record audio. the interface run perfectly on garage band. What could be the issue?

Im guessing your audio device is not selected in Cubase.

What interface are you using?

I have the same issue with Cubase 11. It plays sound through the laptop speakers but not through my interface. The Interface works in all other applications. I can play sound through Sonarworks and then through the interface. But I can’t record like that so it’s not a solution.

Did you figure it out?

I had a similar experience (I’m on a 2017 iMac) but after restarting and re-attaching my interface (UR-RT4) it worked. However, I do still hear the direct signal even when monitoring, But that will get solved with a driver update, I guess.
My main concern is that my VSTi’s and VST’s a loading a loooooot slower then they used to. I’ve checked with Ableton Live, and they load a lot quicker there. When you create and instrument track and you see the VSTi, you see the “spinning ball of death” for seconds. You can hear the sound, but the GUI seems frozen for that time. I also think a couple of ms of latency are introduced.

Just because it happened on another thread where someone spent, like a year, not know they had to set up the audio interface in Studio->Studio Setup, Ill just mention that to be sure.

Everybody’s done that, right?