Cubase 11 not responding on startup + Sampler track crashes Cubase

I’m using Windows 10 and my recently purchased Cubase 11 always needs a one time end task from the task manager on startup and then it could actually load. otherwise not responding.

Beyond that - The Sampler track just crashes Cubase 11 every time I drag a sample into it.
Tried to follow some threads on that, deleted plugins and remained with the stock plugins and still the sampler track is not working.

This is quite frustrating and makes Cubase 11 very limited.
How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I would recommend to trash Cubase 11 preferences folder. At the same time, backup and trash older Cubase preferences folders, please.

Could you attach a *·crash/dmp file, please?

Hey!

Thank you.
I tried deleting the preferences folder + found a Cubase 10 folder I delete and still it’s the same.
Also - the dump file I created via the task manager is 1.30GB. Is there a way to make it smaller?

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 11:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase11

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

1 Like

Attached a dump file on the download link below.
Thanks

https://we.tl/t-L1KiNd3Jdk

Hi,

I’m sorry for my delay…

The DMP file is not available anymore. Could you please attach it again and let me know? Sorry…

Btw, did you create the DMP file via ProcDump or did you generate it from the TaskManager, please? I would prefer the ProcDump file, if possible. Thank you.