Cubase 11 opens in safe mode

Hello
I have been using Reastream on Cubase 10.5 and 11 without any issues when recording my screen with OBS Studio
Today, when I open Cubase 11,it goes into safe mode,its not the Reastream plugin,I don’t think.
I’m on Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT
Any ideas how to solve this,apart from deactivating the plugin?
Thanks

Hi,

This means Cubase crashed during the last quit. Could you attach zipped *.dmp file, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi Martin

Thank you for your help.
please f ind attached the zipped *.dmp file

Cubase 10.5.20.179 64bit 2020.6.26 20.54.38.037.zip (125.1 KB)

Hi,

This *.dmp file comes from Cubase 10.5.20, not Cubase 11. Could you attach Cubase 11 *.dmp file, please?

Hi Martin
Sorry about that.I have been into Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dump ,nothing in there relates to Cubase 11
Kind of good news,or can I generate one from Cubase 11 itself
KInd Regards

Hi,

Does Cubase 11 still start into the message with the Safe Start Mode? If not, I would just skip it. If yes, I would expect the *.dmp file has been mentioned in the message window, right?

Hi Martin
Opened Cubase again,seems fine now,and does not open in Safe Mode.
Would I be right in saying ,that Cubase 11 would create a Crash dump file in that location you mentioned?
Thanks again for your help,much appreicated

not every crash will create a dmp file. 10.5 and 11 are the same - and dump to the same place. You can see the details in the file name (version and date/time)

If one is created then yes it will be in that location - and normally the “safe mode” startup screen will tell you and point you towards it.

If you take a look in the windows application log you may see more details about the crash.

Thanks a lot, Dr Strangelove
Appreciate your help

i get this same crash after exporting my work exports but after cubase has finished it will completly lock up … nothing can be done except kill the app via the task manager.
upon startup i get the safe mode boot screen…
i did remember this from 10.5… but i cant remember what fixed it…

what makes you same it’s the same crash ? (asking tony :slight_smile: )

Hello Dr Strangelove ,hope your doing ok. :smiley:
My problem we spoke about seems to have settled.I am only getting the safe mode when Cubase 11 start up
I just ignore it and then everything works fine.Possible bug,I wonder?

1 Like

@ Drstrangelove.
Yeah sorry !! :flushed:
its not what i meant to say. obviously not the same crash but the same startup screen due to cubase not being able to close correctly.
sorry for the confusion

you get that startup if cubase detects it’s didn’t close correctly -either due to a hang OR a crash.

It writes a little file when it starts up and deletes it again when it shuts down. Then, when cubase starts if if finds that file, then it knows it didn’t shutdown properly. In that instance it offers you the option to ‘safe start’ and if it finds a .dmp file it offers to show you that too.

Normally a .dmp file isn’t generated when you ‘force quit’

Millions of reason why it might crash / hang of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure thing
Have to sit tight, wait till Steinberg releases a bug/maintenance fix

1 Like

well I’m going to try to be optimistic that they might…although history says otherwise :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:laughing: Time will tell bud.