Cubase 11 Presets - Pattern banks - can’t drag & drop other edits of beats

Hi, I’m new to Cubase 11 & trying to work this out. I’m in the pattern banks section of the presets. I’ve found a beat edit that I like down the bottom of it which I’ve circled in red in the photo. When I try I can’t drag & drop Any of these other ones across as a track. It will only let me drag the original beat loop. Any tips to get it working would be really appreciated!

Hi Brendan im trying to figure this out as well
Dissapointing that you have not had any replies.
Did you ever figure it out.
I was thinking that these loops need to be played in to cubase using a hardware keyboard ?

I know it has been a while since someone commented on this post.

I was on the same boat. But then I remembered: things in “pattern banks” are put into the “beat designer” which is a MIDI insert. So you can’t simply drag the patterns across and release it on a track.

But rather, once you double click on a pattern bank from the list (e.g. “Disco 120” from the picture above), a Groove Agent track will be created for you with the appropriate drum kit loaded, and (THIS IS THE KEY) the “beat designer” insert will be placed in the MIDI inserts section of the track (look at the inspector on left side of screen), with the pattern loaded for use. If you are unfamiliar with beat designer, just check out the vast amount of youtube videos to get up to speed.

Cubase is such an intricate piece of software. I actually spent quite a bit of time on it back when Cubase 5 was released, but even with this experience I have totally forgotten about beat designer when I started using Cubase once again.

Thanks very much for that piece of advice,i wouldnt have figured that out.
Thanks again