Cubase 11 Pro Crash When Startup

Hey guys, I just found my Cubase Pro 11 crash when startup or working with a project.
I tried many times to restart, but failed may times too. Sometimes I could enter a project, but ended with that same crash too, maybe some twenty or thirty minutes.
My Win10 64 21H2 was just updated.
This is my PC: Asus z370A/i7-8700K/64GB Ram/8TB Disk
I think my PC is just fine for the software. Maybe it’s Nvidia driver problem, 'cause Steinberg said it once before… I just updated the Nvidia Driver to the latest too.
Don’t know why, I didn’t had that problem before. Hope you guys please support. Many thanks.

Hi,

Could you please attach the DMP file?
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

As you are using NVIDIA, please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Please check my attachment, that’s the crash dump.
Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2022.1.7 20.46.09.405.dmp (1.5 MB)

Hi,

There is only 1 line in the stack text:

STACK_TEXT:  
Kontakt_5+0x628329

Make sure, Kontakt is up to date. If the crash remains, get in contact with NI, please.

Hi, I got other problems… I cleaned up all 3rd party dll and start Cubase alone.
But it still crashed at the “safe mode start” window without any feedbacks or crash dump…
What should I do? It’s very very troublesome…

Hi,

The Safe Start Mode dialog comes after Cubase crashed during the next start. What’s worn in the Safe Start dialog, please? Which option do you choose? What happens after? Does Cubase start? Do you see the splash screen? Does the Steinberg Hub appear? Do you Create Empty project or do you open existing project? When does it crash then?

Hi Martin. Today I started up my PC again and Cubase.
It also started and crashed immediately.
Probably: My PC was attacked by ransomware 10 days ago, but soon restored all data. I also formatted C Drive and reinstalled Win 11 and Cubase (also in C Drive)…
Still don’t know why, maybe it’s the system failure.

Urhh… I scanned my Pc and found Virus/Expiro…Now it’s been isolated and eliminated…
Reinstalling Cubase…Hope it goes well…
Thank you anyway!!

Hi,

Good luck!