Cubase 11 Pro - Video freezes on Playback

Hi!
I import a video into Cubase 11 but it freezes on playback while the audio and timeline continue on.
I installed QuickTime player while I was with 7 Pro and it solved my playback issue but I can’t seem to resolve this for 11

Side note: This video plays back flawlessly on Cubase 7, where I ended up writing for the project in, at the end.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you please provide more details? What operating system do you use? What video format and video codec do you use?

Hi Martin, thank you!
I’m on Windows and the video format is mp4.
and as for cedecs, I don’t know. How can I check that?

Hi,
Make sure your video is smaller than 1920x1080 pixels and its frame rate lower than 30 fps.
Codec for mp4 must be H.264 (or H.263).
To find the codec of a video file on Windows you can use MediaInfo

Why does it have to be less than 30 fps? Aren’t we using professional software that is designed to work with films? And aren’t films being produced in higher quality? You would think that with a software marketed to be used professionally, and given the feature, to be able to play video on screen, that you wouldn’t be limited to make clients send you footage that is less than 30 fps just so the software can handle it. Or to convert every asset sent to you to the “Acceptable” frame rate or codec or what have you. Am I reading something wrong? Thanks, I hope to not be abrasive, I’m just surprised is all.

3 Likes