Cubase 12.0.20 maintenance update available

@Louis_R How are these two options mutually exclusive?
I guess I’m one of the few that has never really experienced any critical bugs in Cubase over the 30+ years I’ve been using it. Sure, minor bugs, inconsistencies, half-baked features—I’ve got plenty of those. Most of the time, you find work-arounds for these minor issues. Not saying I’m perfectly happy with that, but it keeps me working.
Personally, I would happily pay 10x the cost of a license if Steinberg announced they would fix the MIDI Remote mess once and for all. Or how about the Expression Maps (yeah, I don’t like how they did those)? I guess those two are my current pet peeves.

Just like you, I’m sure, I wish there was a functioning feedback loop with Steinberg devs and their end users. Often times when a new feature is added, I feel it gets abandoned before it has reached its full potential and that is where most of my frustration lies.
I will say though, I think it is fantastic that devs show a lot more presence here. I’m hoping it will, at least to an extent, close the gap between devs and users.

On a side note, the Issues and feature request Wiki you so valiantly created, have you gotten any feedback from a Steinberg representative on it?

2 Likes