Cubase 12.0.30 Plugin Container Window issue at HiDPI - 25%

Hello Cubase team and @Armand,
I hope you are all doing well! :slight_smile:

@Armand, I reported this issue at the time of Cubase Pro 11.0 privately. Unfortunately it’s still here…

Everything is alright when Cubase HiDPI option is set to “Use System Setting”.
Most probably the container window is trying to automatically resize the plugins too.
There are plugins that don’t support automatic resize, like Headcrusher 2 by AudioAssault, or there are plugins that don’t support resize at all, like the Kush ones.

1. In cases when automatic resize is available the plugin container window should be able to automatically resize.
  2. In cases when this is not possible - the container window should adopt/follow the size of the plugin, or at least there should be a manual (per plugin) option that allows us to decide for which plugin to enable the automatic resize, and for which to adopt the plugin size.

I hope this situation will be improved sooner! :slight_smile:
Actually I expected this to be solved in version 12, but unfortunately it’s not, yet.

Thank you very much in advance for the hard work! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

Hi

Could you remind me your display configuration again?

Hi @Armand,
Thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:
Here are my specs:
Screen: Dell P2416D (QuadHD - 2560x1440), 23,8 inch
Graphics: NVidia Quadro 4000 2GB Memory
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 DPI - 125%

I hope this is enough information! :slight_smile:

I’m wishing you success!

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, is there any solution to this?

still happening in 13…Steinberg are you sleeping??

Hi everyone,

Is this option available for this plug-in? https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360017509919-Cubase-11-Using-DPI-unaware-plug-ins-on-Windows

If yes, try it out first. If no, we recommend you turn to the 3rd-party devs directly so that they can investigate the issue.

Cheers,
Armand

I wrote to PA Support, at the moment no solutions…sadly

those plugins (Neold) do not have that option available

1 Like

This option only shows for old VST2 plugins and VST3 plugins not HiDPI aware. So it’s likely this VST3 plug-in is at least HiDPI aware. The VST3 interafce offers 3rd-party devs the tool to be compatible with HiDPI resolutions. Cubase is very unlikely the issue here. Make sure the plugins are up-to-date and let us know whether the support of Neold has a contradictory statement to mine. We’re open to investigate in this case only.

@Pablin_Drummer I was able to reach out to Neold’s development team.

They could confirm the bug is on the plugin side and that this will be addressed in the upcoming update.

So once again: at this stage those issues are usually coming from the plugins and not from us. Your priority should be to raise awareness to them first, otherwise they can contact us if they think it’s still on our side.

Cheers,
Armand

Is this the thread you were referring to? @Armand,Speaking with PA they told me to try using the plugin in VST2 but unfortunately Cubase reads it but does not show it in its list of plugins, therefore it cannot be used. They told me they will work on a solution in the form of an update

1 Like