Cubase 12.0.30

Great read - a largely promising thread for this release so far.! Lets see how much it lasts… :star_struck:

+1 for this from me too

Hi! How do I reach/find the “dmp”-file when none is even created?

I could not live without the new audio Warp features, the new logical editor workflow time savers and so many other little, yet important details this beautiful version brings. That is: even if you don’t use the huge other remote midi and dolby atmos new features, you should still notice things get better in your workflow everyday with C12 in my opinion.

Honestly, I was diverted with Logic Pro and Studio One for while and lost creativity during that dark period, but now I have to buy new SSDs, because cubase 10.5 up to 12 worked so great for me and I feel creative (and productive) again and surprised myself to be tracking like crazy these last years as it just works and works fast!

1 Like

Is it OK to open Cubase 11 Pro projects in 12.0.30, or should I:

1. Import all the audio tracks into Cubase 12.0.30 using Cubase 12.0.30’s function to do that (it’s a fairly new project, not mixed really, I can get by with just getting the audio tracks into 12.0.30), or
  2. Forget the above, it’s safest to drag/drop the audio tracks directly between Cubase 11 and 12.0.30, or
  3. Forget both the above and don’t even think about bringing anything over from C11 to 12.0.30 in any way, shape, or form, because I’d just be asking for problems sooner or later (waah, if that’s the case).

Thanks!

If you do this you can automatically bring your tracks inserts with them

1 Like

I guess it depends as always on your equipement, platform used, used configuration, and what you care about and truly rely on in Cubase, but here: with windows 10 21H2 (Win11 users seem happy too) it worked great for me, that said ; I used more 10.5 and 12 than 11 versions.
Golden rule: always make regular backups of your disks. (I use a very large NAS with mirrored disks to ensure that if that breaks that I can always do another emergency backup of all my music projects)

1 Like

Thanks, @Highly-Controversial !

I’ll give that a go then when I update, I’m thinking I’ll bite the bullet this weekend, now that I have properly backed everything up (whew :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I only found out about this by having issues myself but importing tracks from previous versions solved most of my issues . Hope you enjoy the update

Unless I miss something, why shouldn’t you open C11 projects in C12? I do that all the time, no problems. I always save a new version, of course, and if you’re really paranoid, you make a backup before…

1 Like

I have a 12900k and I definitely DON’T have that behaviour over here. When running Cubase the distribution between P and E-Cores is in favour of the P-Cores, but it does use the E-cores either. And why not? The CPU is designed for splitting the tasks between the cores and using those that fit the required calculations best.

It also not Cubase which manages the core distribution, that is largely done by the CPU itself and to a smaller part by the OS - if you are running Windows 11 that is. For an application like Cubase that should be completely transparent.

Are you really sure it’s not some configuration in the BIOS or with the OS you did on your end?

Cubase behaves just as it should with an 12900k. I went with chriss from Steinberg through my configuration and we did trave one of my project, because I was suffering from ASIO-overloads when activating certain tracks. We suspected my 12900k being the culprit at first, but the traces showed that it wasn’t the case.

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Has this update corrected the instillation and authorization issues some people reported when upgrading from CB Pro 11 to 12?

1 Like

Thank you, @DavePorter , wondering the same

Yes I am sure and as a side note the problem does not exist in Cubase 11 which I tested few weeks ago :slight_smile: The reason I am sure is because if u go into the BIOS and disable the E-Cores the problem goes away, everything is stable, however I do not want to keep going into the bios to turn on / off so the solution that works for me as u see in the video is to use Lasso :slight_smile:

Had the no license found error on cubase 12.0.30 and only updated activation manager to 1.3.1
issue resolved

3 Likes

I hope we will have this fixed next time.

I downloaded this update, no problems here. However, this is the very first time that a Cubase download has not included the Steinberg Generic ASIO Driver. Strange. Which is fine by me because I always have to go to Regedit and delete it. But I wonder if this is an oversight by Steinberg?

if the problem still exists the solution was to trash the preferences and let Cubase 12 start blank… Then copy your backup preferences to overwrite the Cubase 12 default. At least that was the solution I used when having that problem.

You need to update using the Download assistant, otherwise the steinberg activation manager won’t be updated. ones the steinberg activation manager will be updated 1…3
Cubase will run.