Cubase 12.0.4 takes nearly 2 minutes to initialize vstconnect.dll on start up

I’ve noticed some topics referring to earlier versions of Cubase 12 hanging on start up when it’s attempting to initialize vstconnect.dll. I’ve also noticed that there is advice to remove vstconnect.dll and related component(s). Cubase 12.0.4 doesn’t hang on my system, it just takes way too long to initialize (just under 2 minutes). Furthermore, I don’t want to delete VST Connect Pro 5.5 because (a) I use VST Connect Pro and (b) I spent $$ purchasing VST Connect Pro. This has only just started in the past week or so, after I had already installed and used 12.0.4.
Is there a solution to this issue that doesn’t involve removing this feature? Any help is always gratefully received!

Cubase Pro 12.0.4
Windows 11 Pro 21H2
CPU: i7 8700K @ 4.2 GHz
RAM: 32 GB

If you go to “Studio | More Options | System Component Information” you can disable features you don’t need. If you have VST Connect Pro, you can safely disable the built-in version.

Hey @MrSoundman !

Thank you for your response. I’ve tried your suggestion and, for whatever reason, Cubase won’t allow me to deactivate VST Connect SE (or VST Connect Pro for that matter) despite repeated clicking on the corresponding Active box, yet it will let me deactivate others, like VST Live (see images). It seems that the VST Connect SE and Pro versions use the same dynamic-link library - at least according to the System Component Information window.

Having said that, today Cubase initialised vstconnect.dll as per normal - no delay whatsoever. Twice! Go figure!! I don’t believe that issues just resolve themselves without some sort of intervention, so I’ll keep monitoring it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me - it’s greatly appreciated.

That is strange! I’m able to disable the SE one individually:

Hmmm… that’s got me concerned @MrSoundman . By the way, a day later and Cubase is stalling when initializing vstconnect.dll, but only around 30 sec this time.

I’ll try a repair/re-install of VST Connect Pro and see what happens…

Thanks again for your help!

As both Pro and SE appear to share the same DLL, I think all disabling SE does, is to prevent it appearing in the “Cloud” menu.

I see…

Well, I updated Activation Manager and downloaded the VST Connect Pro 5.5.40 installer again and, to my surprise, it updated VST Connect Pro, even though it’s the same version number (5.5.40.701) as the one already installed. But… on start up, Cubase now initializes VST Connect.dll (see below), not vstconnect.dll as it did previously.

I’m glad to report that since the update, Cubase has breezed through the initialization process several times now. I think this may be the solution, rather than disabling VST Connect SE.

I’ll update if anything changes, but for now, it’s all good.

VST Connect.dll

Yes, I did the same and can confirm, the only thing that has changed is the display on the splash screen (it was too fast for me to screenshot), so well spotted!