Cubase 12.0.40 maintenance update available

Yeah, I also like the public beta phase idea. Marketing can stuff it: I’m very, very tired of being marketed to at the expense of software that doesn’t make me feel depressed: so many stability/usability issues and you just want to give up after a while. If something that’s supposed to be fun and fulfilling turns into a near-constant struggle trying to figure out why something that was working just the other day isn’t anymore, and it just keeps happening, eventually the marketing shine wears off completely: trust is lost.

Steinberg, you are in serious danger of losing the trust of much of your userbase. Fair warning.

And please do fix the SysEx you broke for my Yamaha Montage with MIDI Remote, already. I spent almost an entire day trying to figure out what was going on and felt like I was losing my mind by the end of it. I finally figured it out, and I was pissed.

You are not adequately testing your software. Clearly.

A public beta phase would help you in this area immensely. We’re tired of this!

3 Likes

I have the same problem in the window with respect to the midi

I didn’t want to upgrade from 11 because of all the issues i read on the forum, then updated the last day of the discount offer, installed it and haven’t yet found a single thing that is not working,
I’m on a mac pro 2019, so Intel.
Even activation went super smooth, it also kept all my preferences.
I wonder what the percentage of users with issues is vs the ones without.

I’m also blessed as I have no issues, which prevent me from working, and probably the most are fine as well. But there is a good amount of people experiencing bugs and Steinberg really needs to fix them, or at least help them as good as they can.
The support staff is really friendly and tries their best, but it seems, they are just too few people for the big community.

What do you mean, why no further updates?

It was mentioned by a SB member in the forum some time ago, that there are no planned 0.5 updates anymore, not updates in general. They were talking about 11.5 IIRC, so don’t know if it was only meant for that. But I understood it like this.

Yes I read that too, so no more 10 and 10.5 but just 11 12 13 etc.
But of course still 12.050 updates/fixes etc, maybe even 12.1 who knows but no more paid .5 upgrades.

3 Likes

12.0.50 sure is taking it’s time! :frowning:

Some of these bugs are really off-putting, even though they’re not project breaking.

1 Like

A couple are , ive had the old "save project under a different name as it might of been corrupted " for no reason in the middle of a project and a few sudden closeures with no warning

1 Like

Oh ok I get it now,
there will be fixes like 12.0.50 , 12.0.60 etc but not an official 12.5 version where one can pay and upgrade from previous versions.
ok, thanks

Exactly, so the next official paid version would be Cubase 13 or something like that probably.

2 Likes

Cmon why 13 taking so long :joy:

1 Like

Well, I think that’s encouraging: the “.5” versions seemed in some ways to pull attention from the previous versions and persistent bugs never got fixed.

I like Cubase 12, overall, and the new features are admittedly pretty cool. I was very excited for MIDI Remote in particular, but was not expecting it to mess with my Montage’s SysEx transmission.

So I really just wish Steinberg would focus on getting 12.0.*0 as close to perfection as humanly possible. Just squash as many reported bugs as you possibly can and stop feeling so glued to a regular release cadence.

Perfect this software, and word will naturally spread. It’s already very, very powerful. Sure, I’d love certain new features, especially an ultra-flexible modulation system for 3rd-party plugins. That would be amazing.

But more than anything, I just want to be able to relax into long sessions without fighting the software. I want it to feel as transparent and effortless as possible.

I want my flow state back.

8 Likes

This! :100:

1 Like

I would be curious to see how many users on on just 1 monitor (or laptops screen) vs high resolution multi monitor setups like ours, as it seems the more graphic strain on the system overall, the more Cubase 12 starts to complain.

Mmh I cannot confirm this. I moved from a 1080p screen to a 4k screen and could not notice a noticeable difference :thinking:

1 Like

+1

We would be willing to pay an upgrade fee for a truly bug-free, fully optimized upgrade to Cubase Pro 12 that added no new features at all.

3 Likes

Don’t give them ideas ,we have already paid for C12

6 Likes

We already paid for that, or at least thats what we were supposed to get.

4 Likes

I was referring to Cubase Pro 13.