Cubase 12.0.40 maintenance update available

The Cubase 12.0.40 maintenance update is now available. With this update, we are introducing some new functions and scripts to the MIDI Remote integration, we are resolving some issues with ARA extensions, and we are fixing more than thirty issues in various areas of the application. Please find all details below.

The update is immediately available for download via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

You can find all details in the release notes

26 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for this update. One thing: I noticed that the Q-LINK controll is not available to change the panner mode of multiple tracks. Could that be fixed as well?
Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

Seems ok here so far , no better no worse for me :smile:

Is Launchkey picking up knobs and faders properly, yet?

Or still parameter jumping (faders) and relative (knobs)?

It’s cool that there are so many important fixes, but I’m most interested in how the PEAK indicator behaves when working with a small project on PCs at a latency setting of about 12 ms…

3 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for 12.0.40 maintenance update.
I’d like to set the display width of Instrument output tracks, but could not find the setting.
This part wasn’t applied even after changing the preference settings and other settings.
I hope it will be implemented in an update.

This bugger… “The preference Mute Pre-Send when Mute is now saved as expected.” only took about 15-20 years to fix… Congrats

7 Likes

Anyone else having a “No Valid License Found” with update 12.40?

This has been known to happen, but it’s temporary.

I suggest you restarrt the computer and open the Open the Activation Manager image before launching Cubase.

A post was split to a new topic: When aborting an Export Audio Mixdown. it now deletes the original file

So far so good here on macOS Monterey… Just recorded two projects yesterday and after updating this morning went through em and did some mixing/messing with inserts/etc… Same as it was before.

When are they finally going to update this thing so it makes me coffee? It does everything else just fine, now lets get to the real feature updates! :smiley:

I rolled back from 12.0.30 to 12.0.10 for the longest time because 12.0.30 was not stable on my 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro running macOS 12.5. So far, I have not seen any issues with 12.0.40. Seems to run smooth. Like the fixes that were applied. SO FAR SO GOOD is GOOD for me. I’ll report if I find anything. Thanks SO much to the Steinberg team.

Hi, the new update looks good (considering some little hours of working time), except this !!
Can anyone confirm if he has similar behavior?
(Windows 10 - C12.0.40)
As you can see from the images, outside the midi clips the notes look out of the grid.
Inside the midi clip, everything is as should be…

(I have restarted the PC, I have checked other projects, same behavior…

7 Likes

Thank you for putting a link to the “release notes” here.
FYI, I went to the downloads page and when I try to download the release notes from there it takes me to: Cubase 12 Release Notes | Steinberg
Which is a blank page. Just thought I would let you know.

This is from :Cubase Pro 12 Downloads | Steinberg

Cubase Pro 12.0.40
updated on August 3, 2022 · Release Notes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Waves license error after updating Cubase (No valid Waves licenses found)

@Orestis, @Louis_R, Confirmed this issue here as well. Everything is in time when I open the key editor, but in the channel, the quantization is outside the note.

1 Like

I just installed this update and it has messed up all my projects. they are missing all the plug-ins and VSti? What in the world is this???

What version are you updating from? Please check if Cubase 12.0.40 has been installed to the same drive as your previous version. On Windows, Cubase 12 is installed to C:\ by default.

In any case, you probably just have to rescan your plugins using the VST Plug-in Manager in the Studio menu. Check if any of your VST 2 plugin paths are missing.

1 Like

Many Thanks for the score editor improvements - next, horizontal scrolling please…