Cubase 12.0.51 maintenance update

It is definitely useful, but I guess unless JUCE implements support for that feature, the majority of plugins probably won’t really use it.

1 Like

Hi,

Would the user be able to decline the process?

It works in a different way than that:

1 Like

Yep, fatal errors on every project :+1:
I get back to 12.0.50 and it works fine. I sent you all the crashdumps. Not a single idea about why, I tried everything.

@Hellmaster_92 are you using a midi-remote? If so see here, where people have reported it:

The replacement occurs only if the plugin is not installed locally and you have a new version able to replace it… that´s all. A notification is then displayed…

1 Like

I’m not trying to be a pain Steve but is it right to have to go through this procedure like in the thread you have just posted? It’s time consuming and completely disruptive to the creative process.
The user shouldn’t have updated his firmware thou.
I’ve been watching what’s happening with the Remote app and every time a minor update is released the remote app gets broken and you are either a programmer and can deal with the script edits or you suffer, the .50 update broke a lot of peoples painstakingly made scripts. And to think we are all going to be forced on to this chaotic new system one day, i have 4 controllers here that are useless with this system but … Im not a programmer.
The thread you posted just shows how much hassle you have to go through to retrieve your controllers

What exactly is ADM exports?

ADM = Dolby Atmos Master (Audio Definition Model)

1 Like

This update appears to have broken the MIDI Remote feature. I am using a Korg nanoKontrol, and when I press the next or previous mixer bank buttons, Cubase immediately crashes.

Developers team Attention to this! :point_up_2:

Thank you so much for the reply, Yvan!

I have a concern about that, I wonder if it is well-founded: I have multiple versions of some programs, PianoTeq for example, and sometimes I’ll choose to use the older version (less demanding on my computer). I wonder if the replacement that occurs would affect that workflow?

they know :slight_smile:

if you do not remove the older plugin, no problem, this older one will still be used

I just tried the feature and it worked fine when replacing both Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 with Kontakt 7 Player. This is the dialog displayed to inform about the change:

2 Likes

Sir you made a big issue with this update.
my Novation launchkey 61 mk3 was working well with the 12.0.50 update. now the script is damaged with the 12.0,51 every time i press a buttion on my novation a serious problem message pumps up, i have to return to the previous update. please fic that Thank you

Thank you again for the info!

Well there is a problem as Steinberg are dropping VST2.

This means you could be recalling projects and saving VST2 versions when it would be better to be making that swap today when BOTH are available, i.e. ahead of the shut-off?

Why couldn’t this just be a user option, are we not trusted? :slight_smile:

Your option now is to either remove the vst2 or disable it by renaming the vst2 dll to semething like .dllbak, so you can see if and how it works. What problems do you expect except for it not working if the vendor does not implement it (correctly)?

This is great news for kontakt users!