Cubase 12.0.51 maintenance update

ahh yes, I forgot NI were late to the VST3 party :slight_smile:

Maybe Izotope would be a better example - every release give you a full set of new plugins but they are 90% the same plugins - Although that situation would be better dealt with by Izotope not pretending they were new :smiley:

Iā€™m not sure how much of the changes are backwards compatible between different host DAWs - Most VST3 are not running the same SDK build so they donā€™t need to match ? Do they just ignore the stuff that the host canā€™t handle ? not sure ?

anyway enough of a thread derail in this one :slight_smile:

yep :+1: (@steve already pointed it out)

my point was more that this was already possible with the earlier SDK for vst2 to vst3

I hope Guitar Rig 5 and 6 are compatible enough to benefit from this feature. It would be a timesaver for old projects having Guitar Rig 5 VST2 automatically replaced.

1 Like

Thatā€™s modern agile development cycles applied to Music sofware, looks like Steinberg devs are raising the bar and setting an example to all competitors!

Thank you again Steinberg!

1 Like

hoped that the agile development method of timely problem solving can last forever

It is definitely useful, but I guess unless JUCE implements support for that feature, the majority of plugins probably wonā€™t really use it.

1 Like

Hi,

Would the user be able to decline the process?

It works in a different way than that:

1 Like

Yep, fatal errors on every project :+1:
I get back to 12.0.50 and it works fine. I sent you all the crashdumps. Not a single idea about why, I tried everything.

@Hellmaster_92 are you using a midi-remote? If so see here, where people have reported it:

The replacement occurs only if the plugin is not installed locally and you have a new version able to replace itā€¦ thatĀ“s all. A notification is then displayedā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not trying to be a pain Steve but is it right to have to go through this procedure like in the thread you have just posted? Itā€™s time consuming and completely disruptive to the creative process.
The user shouldnā€™t have updated his firmware thou.
Iā€™ve been watching whatā€™s happening with the Remote app and every time a minor update is released the remote app gets broken and you are either a programmer and can deal with the script edits or you suffer, the .50 update broke a lot of peoples painstakingly made scripts. And to think we are all going to be forced on to this chaotic new system one day, i have 4 controllers here that are useless with this system but ā€¦ Im not a programmer.
The thread you posted just shows how much hassle you have to go through to retrieve your controllers

What exactly is ADM exports?

ADM = Dolby Atmos Master (Audio Definition Model)

1 Like

This update appears to have broken the MIDI Remote feature. I am using a Korg nanoKontrol, and when I press the next or previous mixer bank buttons, Cubase immediately crashes.

Developers team Attention to this! :point_up_2:

Thank you so much for the reply, Yvan!

I have a concern about that, I wonder if it is well-founded: I have multiple versions of some programs, PianoTeq for example, and sometimes Iā€™ll choose to use the older version (less demanding on my computer). I wonder if the replacement that occurs would affect that workflow?

they know :slight_smile:

if you do not remove the older plugin, no problem, this older one will still be used