Cubase 12.0.52 maintenance update available

We have just released a new 12.0.52 maintenance updates for both Cubase and Nuendo that fix the MIDI Remote issues that were unfortunately introduced with the 12.0.51 hotfix. There are no other fixes or improvements in this release.

The updates are available in the Steinberg Download Assistant, as well as in the download section of our Support pages.

13 Likes

Thereā€™s no release notes

1 Like

Does this replace 12.0.51?
Can I go from 12.0.50 straight to 12.0.52?

they are always late posting the release notes but Matthias says just one fix for MIDI remote

yes to both

But i would like to know what they have worked on in regards of the Midi remote , im sure not all BUGā€™s that have been reported , caused by 5.1 have been fixed

We fixed the Crash-bug only. So the 12.0.52 is the 12.0.51 without the MIDI Remote crash (happening when switching mapping pages via HW).

2 Likes

Ohhh , so all the other bugs that were caused by the .5.1 are still there ? So this yet again was about getting your remote scriptors working but nothing about functionality for the people that actually use your software for the Audio industry ?

1 Like

specifically which new bugs in 12.0.51 are you referring to ?
Iā€™m only aware of that one.

obviously LOTS of other bugs remain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which ones werenā€™t there in 12.0.50 or 12.0.40 already?

Obviously, you have your blinkers on

Sorry i donā€™t mean to sound rude but there have been lots of reports of breakages from lots of people updating from 50 to 51 and having to revert, they are all out there, itā€™s your forum.
If this is the true course of Steinberg now, caring more about the Remote app than functionality then i think itā€™s time to leave, yes i know thats my choice and not an easy decision but as iā€™m mainly Acustica Audio plugins now it makes sense to move to a more efficient DAW. Shame but it is what it is .
The final straw was having to wait 3 months for you to rectify the most basic of things that Steinberg made their name with ā€™ Key editor alinement ā€™ but as soon as your scriptors want a patch to fix the new toy. Sorry, i can see where this is going. Updating is going back like the old days, more volatile and more chance of breakages and itā€™s getting harder to find a version that will work stable on the system .( wait for the ā€œmust be your systemā€ )
You can all scream to your blue in the face that most things are system based, yes your right most things are, BUT not the basic silly breakages your coders make on things that made your name.

As i said , itā€™a shame but ,itā€™s time to jump off the update bandwagon

3 Likes

because of a NEW crash issue introduced in 51 which has been fixed in 52

quite possibly - but Iā€™ve been reading most of the reports and they all the NEW issues in 12.0.51 seem to relate to MIDI remote - hence why I asked the question ?

Iā€™m certainly no apologist for Steinberg ! - and I think the 12.0.51 update was a mess because of they way it was handled

Iā€™m still not quite sure about what other bugs you are referring to that were introduced in 12.0.51 ?

Think Iā€™ll stick with 12.0.50. Has no issues for me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good job!
Now - with 12.0.52 - my PreSonus Faderport works fine.

1 Like

thanks steinberg team

I think itā€™s a good idea to have quick updates as a optional update that fixes one or two problems or issues
or adds one or two features, as Microsoft does,
and a major update every 6 months

Until we reach a completely stable version, and this helps people to test the application,
sometimes my problem is different from the problem of other members

Good work, I hope we will get a full stable version soon and get some features
Long requested here on the forum
-Such as stopping scroll the mouse from controlling the mixer by placing a lock button on top of the mixer
-more cue mix to control room
-ability to change the sizes of some windows and toolbars and re-design them
In every Microsoft update, they redesign a single window interface, from legacy to modern
and new task manager design and a lot of small changes .

1 Like

Any others having issues with audio connection assignment causing crash and freeze in Cubase 12 and nuendo Iā€™m aware of two others

@Matthias_Quellmann AHA! With the recent Cubase update 12.0.52 my Nektar Panorama P1 is suddenly back with full function! Apparently there was a problem with MIDI controller handling? I am amazed that this has been fixed! Thanks (finally) Steinberg!

2 Likes

Loading of the Plugins Alliances are now immediate Thanks Steinberg for this release 12.0.52 !!! :slight_smile:

@ Matthias_Quellmann

In this update, have you addressed the problem of Auto-Save not saving in the assigned time?

Auto-Save not working properly / Cubase !2 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

1 Like