Cubase 12.0.52 maintenance update available

I, myself, am nervous about upgrading from 12.0.50 since this version is ultra-stable. It’s one of those “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” things, and 12.0.50 works fine. My controller, a Nektar Impact LX88+, has full functionality, that’s why I I’m staying with 12.0.50.

Haven’t heard of the wdmaud freeze bug (Windows audio driver)?

This new update fixed my issues with the Novation Impulse buttons crashing Cubase in 12.0.51.

The info highlighted below are my observations using the Impulse with Midi Remote,not with the update.
On the Impulse ,I had to change some cc buttons to different types.
The changing maps ,I have the button set as type MTY instead of t9L.
With cc button type t9L ,I had to press the button twice to change maps in Midi Remote,with it changed to MTY,now the button only needs a single press.

Other Midi Remote mappings work better with cc number type t9L.
Just test them and change to MTY or vice versa.

Make sure to use these CC numbers
MIDI CC 3
MIDI CC 9
MIDI CC 14-15
MIDI CC 20-31
MIDI CC 85-90
MIDI CC 102-119 TRANSPORT (112-117)
on the buttons of the Impulse as they are unassigned.
My Impulse after powering, set a button to cc number 64 which is assigned to the sustain pedal of the KB so if I hit that button,Cubase would crash.
The transport buttons can be left alone as they are unassignable buttons and have no conflicts.

After the update ,nothing has stopped working,all good.

TY Steinberg.

Faderport v1 or v2?
I had problem with my V1 and disconected it 2 months ago. Is it really back now?
I used old native driver.

no - I’m not aware of any other NEW bugs in 12.0.51 that were not in 12.0.50

if you were having Windows Audio Driver issues (why not use ASIO?) in 12.0.51 then it’s likely that it was there in previous versions as no changes were made to that area.

cool…

Faderport v1 or v2?
I had problem with my V1 and disconected it 2 months ago. Is it really back now?

Faderport V2.
I bought it three weeks ago.

I would only move to 12.0.52 if you work with Dolby Atmos exports. There’s no advantage otherwise, .51 was a fix for that, and .52 was a fix for an issue in .51. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget that 12.0.52 also includes the “automatic replacement of plug-ins in older projects when newer plug-in generations are available” feature that was first introduced in 12.0.51.

has anybody actually seen that working ? - AFAIK Kontakt is the only one supporting that (?) - and probably only people with K7 installed who also remove K6 would see this ?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Concerning NI Kontakt VST2 → VST3 replacement

I have an old Faderport v1 as well that keeps disconnecting when using the proprietary driver. Presonus has discontinued the v1, as I’m sure you know, and when asked, does not seem at all interested in updating the v1 driver.
My findings are that it disconnects when adding plugins to your project. What plugins, where and when, causes the disconnect, I’m not sure. It seems almost random. Both native and 3rd party plugins seem to trigger the disconnect, but not all and not always.
One workaround is to use the Mackie protocol. I didn’t find it reliable and not all the buttons gets mapped.

I’ll wait with this update. Cubase crashes since 12.0.51. I did revert to 12.0.50, made a ticket for support last week, and will wait now until support has time for me …

1 Like

VST

** We have improved the automatic replacement of plug-ins in older projects when newer plug-in generations are available.**

Komplete Kontrol Loading the wrong version of Kontakt is a NI issue.

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. I was working on a large project with not much headroom available before maxing on the CPU. Everything was playing fine however, no glitching, crashing etc. Since updating to 12.0.52 from 12.0.51, I have had to cut swathes of the project in order to get it to play without glitches or crashing. I had already rendered most to audio and so I didn’t have many options in reducing resources by other means. It seems as if something has changed in regard to ‘asioguard’. Nothing else within the system has been changed other than the update.

12.0.52 is crashing and video is acting odd randomly, uninstalled and reinstalled 12.0.30 golden again.

I should have done the same…

They don’t care , this is about an issue for the new scriptor customers and no other bugs have been fixed . Fact !

Cubase 12.0.30 is the stable version…

Awesome! Thanks for the quick update!