Cubase 12 and Windows 11

That doesn’t work if there is no TPM chip at all. It does work for unsupported CPU’s and TPM 1.x (can’t remember exactly what version)

Thought it bypassed check altogether. Bummer.

Try it and see. I went through all sorts of searches finding a way and all the ones with the registry hack still had to have the chip. My other pc doesn’t have secure boot either.

I tend to be the “If it ain’t broke . . .” type, but I wanted to upgrade my backup/bedroom PC from 10 to 11 because for several weeks now it’s been telling me I needed to install updates to Windows 10, but every time I tried to do so, it would get part way through the process, then give me a screen saying it was unable to complete the update and had to back out of all the changes.
All I had to do to take that PC from not being Windows 11 capable to being able to install it was a change of two settings in the BIOS. No expense or use of resources involved.
The PC Health Check program to tell whether the system can run Windows 11 is a free download from Microsoft. I downloaded it and ran it. It said that my PC could not run Windows 11 as its BIOS was set because it needed to run Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 and UEFI Secure Boot. However, it was easy for me to go into BIOS at boot and edit it, although that’s something I haven’t done a lot. I ran PC Health Check again and it said the machine was able to install and run Windows 11. So I backed up all my data and started the upgrade process. It was the easiest Windows install I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been using PCs since the TRS-80 came out.
My backup-backup PC, however, could not upgrade to Windows 11 because its processor doesn’t make the cut. So I need to upgrade that or just leave that one on Windows 10.

You can still go to win 11 if you want even if you don’t have the hardware. See my earlier posts