Cubase 12 - Beat Calculator appears to be inaccurate

Thank you for all of your help. I’m going to make sure all of my drivers are updated. And also, I noticed Nvidia’s tray is running and I think I read somewhere to not have that running.

The only thing I’ve added recently is a 4K laser projector for scoring, and while it is currently off and doesn’t have a driver, that’s the only major change I could think of.

I use this all the time and did not experience this in 10 or 11 but whatever has occurred is retroactively affecting all versions.

Thanks again!

I mean another program on the same computer.

Ooooh jeez I’m stupid. I’ll see if I can find one when I’m home.,

1 Like

It was the machine itself as you mentioned. It took a while to find a program to do tap bpm but I found one called DJ BPM.

The BPM was reporting off, the same as Cubase Beat Calculator.

I turned off some Startup apps and now the problem is gone.

I don’t have time at the moment, but I will try and test each service and find the one it was.

Also, I installed a new Blu-ray rewritable drive the other day and it came with a bunch of CyberLink software (remember? From the 90s?) and it was in my startup list. I bet it was that because that is the only major change other than switching to Cubase 12.

I did not disable any NT services, just items in the startup list.

Here are some of the possible culprits:

-Maxon tray (Adobe Premiere plugins)
-NIHardwareAccessibilityHelper (Native Instruments)
-NTKDaemon (Native Instruments)
-Nahimic VR (I believe some MSI program for headphones that was installed with mobo)
-Power2Go Desktop Burning Gadget (Cyberlink - there were other Cyberlink items I turned off)
-RCMServiceStart.bat (I believe Roland Cloud Manager startup script)
-Roland Cloud Manager.exe
-iTunes Helper
-Update (GitHub - no idea why this is here, I don’t have a GitHub page)
-App Manager (MSI motherboard app)
-Adobe GC Invoker Utility (for Adobe Premiere)
-Adobe Updater Startup Utility (for Adobe Premiere)

Thank you Steve for your troubleshooting efforts. I wouldn’t have thought of trying a bpm calc on Windows. Excellent troubleshooting. I really appreciate it. Hopefully if it happens to someone else they’ll find this info.

1 Like

My pleasure.