Cubase 12 coming March 2nd?

Yes. You can clearly see in the upper center of that photo, the outline of South America – probably a secret message to distributers there. But what that message is, is a mystery.

3 Likes

It will be released on a Wednesday, but look at the sun in the above picture. it has to be a sunny Wednesday - globally.

1 Like

Replaced the CC121 to a Behringer BCF2000 for Cubase 12. Things have been tough. :wink:

4 Likes

Steinberg’s buying Waves now?! :astonished: :exploding_head:

I think it’s mountains,

1 Like

So a new delay and/or reverb? :wink: :crazy_face:

works only on windows 16 on M4 cpu 9000 cores. the new brand "steinwaves "

You will need to get the Cubase 11 Pro licence onto the USB eLicenser to be able to carry out the Cubase 12 Pro update. Updates from an eLicenser version of a product to a Steinberg Licensing version of the product requires the eLicenser licence to be available for product activation.

What happens behind the scenes is that the update to the Steinberg Licensing version deposits a “Verification pending” licence in your My Steinberg account with a 30-day time limit. There is then an eLicenser transaction that marks the eLicenser licence that is being upgraded as “not upgradeable”. Once the eLicenser transaction has been completed, the Steinberg Licensing licence has its “Verification pending” status removed and it becomes a perpetual licence.

Normally the eLicenser transaction happens immediately after the deposit of the “Verification pending” licence, so you have a perpetual licence immediately - this is what happened with my Dorico Pro 3.5 to 4 update. However, the 30-day time limit gives some time to work with Steinberg Support if the eLicenser part of the update does not go smoothly.

I would register the USB eLicenser and check it appears with a Cubase Pro 11 licence on your My Steinberg account before you attempt to update to Cubase Pro 12.

It is entirely up to you whether you install Cubase Pro 11 or wait for the Cubase 12 release once you have the licence on your USB eLicenser.

3 Likes

Thanks for this insight! Appreciated :hugs:

Did I take the red pill…?

1 Like

Thank you Matthias, I’m sure that many users (myself included) who have cpu’s on the Microsoft/Intel published list that do not have TPM architecture built into their CPU so will be unable to upgrade to windows 11.

… and followed by fasting and penance? :scream:

3 Likes

My computer is 15 years old (Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 with 8gio DDR 2 RAM) and I can again work with Cubase 11 Pro in relatively good conditions (Windows 10).

I hope Cubase 12 will be CPU friendly !

I built a PC with this spec for Cubase 4 (!) and it was a hog, but Cubase 11 is much lighter than earlier versions, unless you load it up with heavy plugins. For MIDI and audio recording it should still be fine.

Considering that Steinberg was involved with so many Film Scoring Artists, I presume they’ll release some features in this area. This is very good for me!

But if a geenie could turn just one wish into reality, i just want a clip launcher in Cubase. Just that. :smiley:

It arrived today actually.
Couldn’t wait and just went ahead & installed it.
Lots of fun! :partying_face:

2 Likes

You’re new to Cubase? What are you coming from?

1 Like

He’s new to Pro and comes from elements… if that was the question

2 Likes

I mostly used Bitwig for the last couple of years, with a bit of Reason and Studio One on the side. I’m a hobbyist, so I’m just playing with whatever I can get my hands on, having fun & not finishing any music :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiley:

1 Like

great then. a secret i can reveal from cubase 12, they have new function now, song finishizer . but it will finish only one song at a time on a Wednesday