Cubase 12 crashes but the sound continues to play

I’ve been using Cubase 12 for a few weeks now, but since I’ve been using my new Icon Qcon Pro, Cubase 12 crashes regularly. The sound continues to play…but the screen is frozen. Anyone have any ideas or does this sound familiar?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Do I understand you right, Cubase doesn’t crash, it’s frozen?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Is there any crash/dmp or freeze dmp file generated?

That’s right. the screen is frozen but the sound continues to play…even looping. The only solution is to abort the Cubase in the task manager. After closing the Cubase.exex process, you should hear that the sound also hangs (continue a sample…until you restart the PC). Dump file…Not that I know of, when I restart Cubase it asks if I want to send the information from Steinberg. So maybe that’s what you mean? I use Windows 11 Pro.

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo11

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hi Martin,

Here the DMP files, one direct from Cubase and one made with ProcDump64.
www.dropbox. com/s/c2un4a1gd5btnzc/Procdump_Cubase12_Dide.zip?dl=0
(Remove the space between the * www.dropbox.*****com to use the link )

Dide

Cubase 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.3.28 22.15.57.391-freezedump.dmp (801.7 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I have the same issue. Any fix Yet?

Hi,
I haven’t heard anything about it yet.
It is annoying though! I don’t have this with any other DAW.

Dide