Cubase 12 crashes when disable tracks

Hi,

Which kind of tracks? Audio / Instrument etc. Have you tried to narrow it down? Any particular instrument for example?

If it’s audio tracks, are there any particular plugins on those tracks? Have you tried without plugins?

I’ve tried only instrument tracks, sometimes kontakt 6 only, sometimes with omnisphere or more involved. Most of them has no plug-ins on.

How many tracks? i.e. What is the minimum number of tracks that cause the issue when you try to disable them at the same time?

It’s hard to say, sometimes 3, sometimes a little more. And now it expands to audio tracks as well, crash when deleting two tracks. It’s random. I have a template with 2k tracks but only less than 20 enabled.

Same problem here, Cubase 12.0.20 crashing when disabling instrument tracks. No crash log created.
Windows 10

1 Like

Do you have any plugins on those tracks? Is it happening all the times with the same plugins, or sporadically and not caused by a specific plugin?
There are actually more people having issues with Kontakt, there were quite some threads about that in the last months. You could try to use ProcDump64 to see if you’re able to create a DMP like that:

Also I wanted to let you both know @Tarquam @charliesun that there is a FR, which can ensure a more stable application in the future. Would be nice if you could support it by giving it a vote, if you think this is something Cubase should do as well:

Solution to crashes by plugins - Sandboxing (Crash protection) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

2 Likes

I have the same problem in Nuendo 12.0.20/30 Mac m1 Mac, the crash is only with Track Instruments, Kontakt, Sine player mostly. (Rosetta and Native Mode)

Hi,

Could you please attach some crash/dmp file(s)?

Nuendo 12-2022-06-18-121309.ips (290.4 KB)

This is just after disable Kontakt instrument track.
Nuendo 12.0.30, (Rosetta), All the latest versions of all virtual instruments and plugins, Monterrey 12.4, Mac Book Pro Max 32gb

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Martin! it’s mostly when I disable or delete and Instrument Track

1 Like

Same here (Nuendo 12)

Same issue here when disabling EastWest Hollywood Strings instrument tracks. Any known workarounds for this?

Hi @darioomusic, @kolbi2112,

Could you please share you crash/dmp files to see, if it’s the same crash or something different?

Sorry for the late reply, dump file attached
Cubase 12.0.40.317 64bit 2022.10.16 13.31.45.841.dmp (908.1 KB)

Also worth noting is that I’m using a very large orchestral template, total track count is 2038.

Hi,

There is UR Extension mentioned in the DMP file. Please try to install the latest Tools and driver.

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. I updated to the latest firmware and still have the same issue.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hello,

I would like to join the conversation. Every time I disable even 1 instrument track Cubase 12 Pro crashes. This, coupled with problems concerning the functioning of Contact, are making the software basically impossible to use. I am very disappointed by this.

I attach the last of many reports. Any ideas? In the meantime I go back to Cubase 11 because I am really waisting too much time.

Thanks for any support/suggestion

Cubase 12-2022-10-26-002251.ips (166.4 KB)