Cubase 12 does not see my audio interface

For some strange reason on my MacBook Pro 2019 Cubase only sees my Built-in audio driver. I am using a UAD Arrow. Any ideas are certainly welcome. This was never a problem with Cubase 11.

SOLVED. I ended up putting my AirPods in and then setting them to my Sound device on the MacBook. Then, when I went into Cubase it gave me the option of changing the audio device and there it listed the UAD along with all of the other devices (ie Built in, AirPods, aggregate, etc). There must be some other way of changing which audio device is set to Input/Output, but I sure haven’t been able to figure it out.

1 Like

Thank you so much for updating this. I’ve been having the exact same issue and the AirPods solution worked for me as well.
Did you ever find the root cause of this? It’s a bit annoying having to connect my AirPods every time I want to switch audio devices in Cubase.

Also, if there are any Cubase devs looking at this, I’ve tried this with 4 different audio interfaces and had the same problem. I’ve used the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 MK2, the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, 2i2, and Clarett+ 4pre. I’m on the latest version of macOS Monterey and have the latest version of Cubase 12. I recently switched from Windows to macOS, and Windows doesn’t have this problem. Not sure if this is just a bug?

Morning Duff,
The same problem still persists as far as I know, and other than the AirPods solution I haven’t found anything else.

Hey winip,
I made a separate post about the issue and Arne Scheffler from Steinberg got back to me. He said that you have to go to Studio > Studio Setup, then if you select Audio System, you should see a dropdown menu to switch the ASIO drivers from the built-in audio to your audio interface. It’s worked for me every time Cubase didn’t automatically detect my audio interface.
His post links to a Cubase support article explaining the whole thing in a bit more detail.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hay Guys n Girls,

I think I’m suffering the same issue covered in this topic. I’ve a focusrite 18i20 3rd generation interface, and while the “ASIO,” for it is loaded, according to the system setup, the device doesn’t appear in the dropdown menu under devises? Is it essential for it to be in there, or is it a case of, “As long as it works…”?
Would like to have included screen shots, but it dosen’t appear possible on this platform.

Thanks, in anticipation of anyone calming my troubled mind.

G.

Windows 10 Pro version 22H2.

Intel Core i9 7920X

64GB DDR4 Quad

Cubase 12 Pro
2023-12-28T00:00:00Z