Cubase 12 Elements/Windows 11 Home Crashes

Cubase 12Elements loads in one of the three following fashions:

1. The initializing process runs so slow I can watch each step as it progresses. The end result is either Cubase closes or the program edits so slowly it is impossible to work with.
  2. The program loads quickly, buzzing right through the initialization process, but the program runs as described above. (Restarts after this load always asks to submit a crash report.)
  3. Cubase loads/initializes as expected and runs fine. Projects are quickly edited and playbacks are smooth.

I never know which load will occur, but until #3 happens I have to quit Cubase Elements and try a restart.

Note: I have tried closing all other applications to free up resources. This does seem to have any affect.

Hi,

Could you share the crash/dmp file, please?

Cubase Elements 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.4.5 9.08.28.025-freezedump.dmp (657.2 KB)
Cubase Elements 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.4.4 19.37.34.739-freezedump.dmp (1.0 MB)

Hope this helps

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

thank you

Hi,

One crash comes from Groove Agent SE. Do you have the latest 5.1.0 version installed, please?

The other crash comes from NI Realtor 6. Please, make sure, the plug-in is up to date.

I reinstalled Groove Agent 5.1.0. The process indicated there was a damaged or missing file. The reinstall has cleared that error.
I also reinstalled the Reaktor vst. It is loading OK.
I will try out the Groove Agent reinstall later today.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

There is also Cubase 12.0.10 update available.

cool. thanks

Hi,

12.0.20 already.

Martin:

I reinstalled 12.0.20 this morning. I was having issues with Cubase crashing every time I tried to close the program. I looked through the dump file, and it seemed like each time it was a different plugin that was the culprit.
I’m working on reducing the number of plugins as well.

Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Still having issues with Cubase 12.0.20 closing properly. It gets hung up before closing and becomes unresponsive. I have to use the Task Manager to force the program to close.

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

I was unable to produce a dmp file using the ProcDump64 command. (“>procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase LE AI Elements 12”).

I think I was able to catch a crash with the program you suggested. I am also including a couple of crashdumps that Cubase Elements created. https://www.dropbox.com/s/82zc1zf6enmwbde/Cubase%20Elements%2012.0.20.263%2064bit%202022.6.6%205.28.19.021-freezedump.zip?dl=0

Hi,

Could you please update to the latest Cubase 12.0.30? Is the crash still reproducible?

I am installing 12.0.30 now. I will let you know if I am still having issues. Thank you.

1 Like