Cubase 12 metallic squeaks

I have the same and I hear the sound on the dropbox file examples, its so annoying. its exactly the same. but I hear it not on every session. but still I have bypassed every single plugin on the sessions its happening on but still I can hear that annoying sound

Still no response or fix from steinberg on this one?

You still have these noises?

If I recall correctly, I think I found a way around, by definitely avoid using Asio-Guard when recording hardware synth, that has VSTi editor controller if you get what I am saying.

It happened for me, when I tried to record Prophet 08 with VSTi editor activated.
So I just disabled it, and there was no more sqweek sound but, that was not a real fix though…

I have it on playback too, And even on bounces. always random places tho and absolutly impossible to trace it

For me I did these checking:

1. Check your clock setting
    whether accidentally ticked ‘Externally Clocked’

2. Check your Buffer setting, make it bigger(?) if it makes smoother

3. Check a/b with ‘ASIO-Guard’ on OR off, THEN
    low - normal - high <—

4. Disable each VST instrument (especally heavy ones)

5. Check whether you have anything 3rd party patch editor plugin like me (e.g. Prophet 08 editor vsti)

For me, the issue was caused by Prophet 08 editor <----
When I disabled it, the squeak* clicky noise (as if clock was having trouble) was gone.

The channel’s wave peak value was the MAX (something like 99dB…? like digitally) so, yeah!
Check all these, disable one by one.

Stressful but that’s the way!

Hey thanks for the advice, What exactly do you mean as 3d party patch editor plugin? I belive I have checked all the other once multiple times.

I played the session with all insert vst plugins disabled btw and still got the sound glitch… Is 3rd party patch editor plugins any different?

I’m having this high pitch glitch on my tracks in Cubase pro 12.0.70.
It’s getting bad enough I’m uncomfortable using headphones at marginal volumes.
What the heck is this??
Seems like projects loaded with plugins are more susceptible— I’ve noticed Asio guard working hard and sometimes triggers processing overload.
Is this what is causing these random high pitch squeals ? Some kind of transient overload ??
Too many inserts ???

Have you found a solution for this problem?? I have had this for years… These squeeks are LOUD man, can definitely damage ears.

Hello @NoiseCo ,

I have been having this problem for a while now. Glad to see i am not alone !

I noticed that this issue occurred for me when using a time stretch for audio files, such as this one crossed in blue on my screenshot. The squeaks only happen when i use several audio loops that i automatically stretch to fit the tempo.

Did you also use this feature ? Maybe that could be a lead…

Cheers,
Aleksi.

@trondgetaz Hello !

Have you read my post above ? I’d be curious to know if you can reproduce this as well ?
I can confirm on my side that it is caused by a combination of the time strech in the Pool and track Transposing. (real time, not processed). And at a certain point of processing power being used the squeaks appear.

In the sessions you have this artifact, are you using time strech, or audio transposition ?

Cheers,
Aleksi.