Cubase 12 - MIDI Remote Integration - Vendor Presets

This is by far the best feature in the new update, and something that all of us really wanted for a long time. Didn’t expect it to be so versatile!

The YouTube walkthrough video by Dom clearly shows the potential.

Is there a way the settings can be saved and imported as Presets?

If yes, this calls for the community to probably create MIDI Keyboard / Controller Presets that are Brand and Model wise, so everyone else can have a quick starting point.

1 Like

Yes there’s a javascript programming that can further make this very deep with the potential of controller feedbacks, and I’m hoping display/screen control (?).

Looks like you can import and export scripts to share, there’s a hidden menu in there for debugging and error logs too - very handy features.

1 Like

I started rewriting my scripting in Java instead of Python. Moving to JavaScript now, evidently. :grin:
The LEs though. :grin:

1 Like

It says in documentation there is a link to the Javascript API manual in the remote interface status but i cant find it - doesn anyone know where it is?

OK So for others that cant find it:
The cogwheel has an option “Scripting Tools” and under that there is a button that opens up the manual

+1 Absolutely agreed

Would love to see a javascript mackie control one that can be tweaked for say my Behringer Xtouch
and extender

2 Likes

100% that would be great - Sadly, I don’t see any kind of remote options in the MIDI API at this time though, so don’t hold your breath for it.

Something in the future I imagine?

Good point. I’ll take that as a feature request! :wink:

3 Likes

Hello, has anyone managed to create a test script using the API? I am trying to follow the tutorial and created a test .js file for my keylab88. After pressing “reload scripts” button the test script is not on the list. I saved it in the \Driver_scripts\Local .

1 Like

It works for me. I followed the manual.
Where should we address questions and issues? @Steinberg: do you plan to open a sub category at the developer section of this forum?
I have many questions and the document is very, lets say rudimentary.
I want to bind directly to parameters from an insert plugin of the active channel…

1 Like

The test script file should look like this:
/Driver Scripts/Local/Test/One/Test_One.js

And here is the proof that the manual contains this information (I added red arrows to make it simpler):

1 Like

Don’t leave any spaces in there either, I done that by mistake on my first script.

1 Like