Cubase 12 - New MIDI remote feature - Inserts options?

Device settings is in the Arturia MIDI Control Center software.

You get that here: https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

But as said above, you don’t absolutely need that. The manual describes how to change presets.

Does your device look like this?

Or this?

First One. I don’t have that “Device Settings” tab in MIDI Control Center Software

Got you. It seems like this other thread has helped:

And the manual above was for your device. I assumed that because you said you didn’t have a “DAW Mode”. So everything I said in the first post with the Manual is valid.

The short press and long press stuff in the other thread is interesting. Was that part of the problem?

Hello everyone!

Jumping into cubase 12 now (I know, I know a little bit late) In cubase 11 I have created a general remote, which allows me to open all 16 slots plug-in with a single keyboard stroke (using keyboard maestro to send 16 midi cc simultaneously.

I can’t seem to figure out how to translate this to midi remote. There is no option to target any specific insert slot. I see just one option.
Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 11.49.30

I was wondering if any of you out there figured this out. Can it be done with javascript maybe?
I can keep using my old generic remote, but it scares me a little bit that at some point it will be discontinued and there will be no option to do this. This is a crucial part of my workflow…

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated
Thank you!!

Hi, in insertsViewer, in the actions sections, there are previous/next commands.
Perhaps you can use these and after that trigger the editPlugIn.

Using scripting, it would be easier (I guess).

εικόνα

1 Like

Yeah maybe with bome translator program it with short delays between every message. But of course It would be better to support it natively. It’s a little odd to me that you could do this with the older version and not with the shiny new one. I really cross my fingers for it to be included at some point. Thanks for you input !

1 Like

After switching from Studio One to Cubase, I have been struggling to use a MIDI controller to open, close, and adjust inserts. It seems either this feature is well-hidden or unavailable. I find this frustrating and feel like I may have spent too much money on a DAW that feels incomplete.

1 Like

@Steinberg : please add bypass/open-editor for inserts 1-16 for selected track as was possible in the generic remote!

:pray::pray::pray:

Herwig

Hi, I appriciate your point of view - and let me add something:
Often the “rude” (negative) comments give extremely important feedback if one can handle to filter the substance out.
Concernting Midi Remote: I think the most important thing would be to work intensively on the editor. Steinberg has a … hm… challenging history with editors: The midi device editor is the most unergonomic piece of editing software I know. The old Generic Remote Editor … well. Old. :).
What I love is the enthusiasm about the midi remote solution - even though it seems to be created out of a programmer’s mind instead of out of a users mind. What is a very typical indicator for that assumption is the existence and focus on the scripting language. Of course it is always more flexible to provide a meta-tool than a tool.
Bottom line: The midi remote solution you are working on is by far the best approach in Cubase concerning remote controlling.

1 Like

Hi will Cubase 13 solve the Insert slot view problem? Or maybe any update to Cubsase 12 too?
All this would be really appreciate.
Cheers, Eriberto