Cubase 12 Pro crossgrade pricing to add Dorico 4 sure would be nice

As a long-time Cubase Pro user (I started with Cubase 3SX) and as someone into orchestration, it sure would be nice to see a “cross-grade” pricing path for Cubase Pro users to add the full version of Dorico Pro.

While Cubase 12 Pro does have scoring capabilities, they aren’t at the level of Dorico 4 Pro, especially for scoring a full orchestra such as when creating cinematic music. And full integration of the two products would be create a serious product differentiator for Cubase in competition with other DAW software.

Being able to go back and forth between Cubase MIDI and Dorico scores would be awesome to use a generally overused word!

Steinberg, please consider rewarding your loyal Cubase users and add Cubase Pro to the list of qualifying products for a cross-grade price for the full version of Dorico Pro.

Thanx,
Rawl

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Rawl. Historically we’ve not really done this kind of pricing action before, but it’s something we have discussed doing when there is a stronger interoperability story to tell between Cubase and Dorico. (Right now, of course, you can send MIDI and MusicXML back and forth, but we plan to make the integration somewhat tighter between the two applications.)

So this is something we may well look at in the future, offering Dorico to Cubase users at a reduced price, and vice versa.

3 Likes

Daniel,

Thank you for the timely reply. I look forward to seeing an offering of this type!

Rawl

I secon the motion. Long term cubase user, since few years also cubase pro, and now and then for certain projects looking to further improve the score of my compositions. For that 10% job, the fee for Dorico is way to high, but some kind of reduction in conjunction with cubase pro would certainly work for me, and I bet you, many other cubase pro users. So please have a look at this soon.