Cubase 12 promotes emigration to other DAWs

There is a wiki post with collection of old and new bugs. Some few have been fixed but not a single comment from Steinberg about the list, some of the items have at least some comments from moderators others are totally silence.

Just for statistics of this thread. I use Cubase 12 on my MBP released back in 2015 and I don’t have any major issues.

Can’t say it about WaveLab 11 though :frowning:

1 Like

Great to hear, would be good to hear some good stories for C12, I have the fear of God for the update from all the complaints…

Just keep in mind, people posting here on the forum are the minority of users in general and the majority of them only starts interacting here, if they have any issues or questions. Therefore you read mostly about bugs and errors here.

2 Likes

There are some really good sets of instructions for update/upgrade in these forums, please post if you are interested but can’t find them (can search for a post with [ “alexis” plus “Matthias_Quellman”], the link to the post with helpful directions is on one of those, sorry can’t remember details).

Most important IMHO though - before update/upgrade do the most complete backup/imaging of your computer you can to media you can access even if your computer won’t boot up, so if things go south you can get back to where you were before the attempt to update/upgrade.

I’m a little paranoid, but what I did before I upgraded to C12 Pro from C11 Pro:

-Copy/pasted my entire audio SSD (the one where Cubase projects and 3rd party sound files are like IK Media Sample Tank are stored) to an external drive,
-Used a standard backup program (AOMEI) to backup that same audio SSD drive, and the SSD that contains my OS, and the OS itself, to that same external drive,
-Created a bootable USB thumb drive I can boot the computer from if it won’t boot up.

Probably over the top, but I wanted to be sure i could get back to point A if there were any serious problems.

2 Likes

You can never be over the top with these things!!

Cheers for the tip!

1 Like