Cubase 12 Tempo Track Editor- very slow if the score editor is open

Ah, disappointing.
Thanks Maestro.
I’m surprised this issue isn’t being raised more often, but the very fact that it isn’t probably means Steinberg has little incentive to fix it. :frowning:

Hello
Just thought I’d bump this as it’s an absolutely infuriating problem!
I’m surprised that more people have not noticed this.
Fingers crossed that it get’s addressed in an update soon.

Yes, I noticed that too, a while ago…
That’s no good.

You do not have to have a lot of tracks to reproduce. a few bars midi part open in the score editor and then do some tempo track/editing or tempo warping (even outside the project range and not affecting the bars open in the score editor) it freezes with every edit, very annoying indeed. I never noticed it before, I think it must be relatively new.

Yeah, I came to Cubase 12 from version 9 - and that version never had this problem.
I do not know in which version of Cubase this problem raised it’s ugly little head, but I REALLY hope it gets patched soon!

I tested older versions back to 7.5.
This behavior is present in all those versions, but less perceptible before 9.5.
Still waiting for an update on this report.
No progress for the moment.

1 Like

Interesting.
I never noticed this issue on Cubase 9 and that was using a pretty big orchestral template with all tracks open simultaneously in Score Editor (full score style). Must have been much less perceptible!
Thank you for keeping an eye on it though, Maestro!
Is this an issue that you envisage Steinberg might actually address? Hearing that it has been present in some form way back to version 7.5 makes it all feel rather hopeless.

1 Like

Same problem here. With the score editor open, tempo track adjustments are slow.

… actually WORSE after upgrading to Cubase 12…

now, with score open, editing in other windows, and doing keyboard commands, there is a lag. If I do two quick (control+z) keyboard undo’s, the first one happens, but I have to repeat the command to get the second one to happen.

A CLUE to help FIX it… (to the programmer working on this)

It’s worse when the Score Editor has more staves/tracks open.

Hello folks

So another maintenance update, and again no fix for this problem.
I understand this may be the last update for 12 and so all I can do is hope that it may be addressed in the next version of Cubase.
@Romantique_Tp and @Maestro , I know you reported it and have been monitoring the issue since I first raised it last winter, but is there anything else that I could do? Should I report it again? How can we maximise the chance that Steinberg may actually address this issue at some point?
Maybe it’s a relatively minor problem, but it really is proving to be a bit of a showstopper for my orchestral music production.

Thanks

I’m no software engineer, but since the issue seems to be related to the efficiency of the UI rendering, fixing this might be a little more complicated than the typical bug. Rest assured that the issue has been logged and confirmed.

So it seems that Cubase 13 is breathlessly waiting in the wings!
Well, in a plume of abject futility, I thought I would bump this again.

Please, please make it possible to adjust the temp track while having multiple tracks open in Score Editor, without the process being crippled by 15 second freezes!

Thank you.

Is there any chance this problem has been resolved in Cubase 13?

No!
The Score Editor has been almost “untouched” in Cubase 13 … again, unfortunately.

Aaaarrghhh!

1 Like

…any updates on this problem?

Hello… me again…
So C13 has recently received another update…
Any chance that the update has finally resolved this bug?