Cubase 12 - Track Panel Grid Does Not Match Editor Grid

Hey guys, I recently upgraded to Cubase 12 from 11, and I am having an annoying issue that is preventing me from using it properly.

The grid on my track panel starts with Bar 0 while the grid in the Editor (midi or audio) starts at Bar 1. Further, if I click on place my cursor at a specific point on the grid in the track panel (for example, if I click on the start of Bar 2) the corresponding cursor location in the Editor does not match my cursor location on the track panel (see screen shot below). Relatedly, my quantize menu does not have an option for 1/16. It goes from 1/8 to 1/32. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Hi,

Is the Bars+Beats ruler selected in both windows, please?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I didn’t know about the ruler settings before (didn’t notice the drop down arrow). That was indeed the problem. The track panel was set to seconds. Fixed!

Can you explane where that might be and how to change it?
Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

That means, you can set the Rules individually for every single window and zone. For example in the arranger area, the Ruler can be set to the Timecode, but in the Key Editor, it could be set to the Bars+Beats.

In the Project window, you can also have multiple Ruler tracks with different settings.

1 Like