Cubase 4 32bit on Windows 7 64bit. Anyone have this working?

Is anyone here successfully running 32bit Cubase 4 (or Cubase Studio 4) under 64bit Windows 7 and if so, did you have to do anything special to get it to run? I ask because on my machine I can open Cubase Studio 4 successfully but as soon as I attempt to close it the CPU usage jumps to 100% and the app freezes. This occurs with no 3rd party plug-ins installed and no project open – simply open Cubase and attempt to close it again. I’m using the latest Syncrosoft drivers and the latest 64bit drivers for my soundcard (a Delta 1010).

I suspect the problem is my motherboard (which predates Windows 7 and has no native drivers) so I have planned an upgrade but before I go ahead I want to be reasonably confident that after the upgrade I will be able to run this combination of OS and Cubase.

In case you’re wondering why I would want to run 32bit Cubase Studio 4 on 64bit Windows 7 – I will mainly be running 64bit Cubase Studio 5 but I want to have 32bit Cubase Studio 4 available in case I need to tweak old projects.

Thanks,

Simon.

Cubase 4 32bit on Windows 7 64bit works fine here. I use it to load video files, which C5 cant without QT.

Which chipset does your MB have? That might be the issue.

It’s an nForce 560 chipset (yes - it’s that old) :slight_smile:

That could be it.

That’s what I think but to be sure I’d like to know that somebody has that combination working.

Yep. A new motherboard seems to have fixed the issue :slight_smile: