Cubase 5.1.1 - how do I include the click track in a mixdown?

Hi,

I want to send a demo track to a drummer who will record his part in his own studio and he asked for the track with the click. How can I include the click track in the mixdown of my song in Cubase 5.1.1.?

Man, it’s been a long time since I used Cubase 5. Studio 5 was my first “real” DAW software. Anyway … your best option might be to create a simple MIDI (Instrument) track with a nice metronome sound (woodblocks or whatever). Then, render it as an audio track. HALionOne was included with Cubase 5 if I remember correctly. This should provide you with what you need. In the old days I would always create my own “metronome track” rather than relying on the built in BEEP Beep Beep Beep BEEP Beep Beep Beep BEEP Beep Beep Beep BEEP Beep Beep Beep …

Also, why aren’t you using the most updated version? 5.5 was the last “free” .5 update …

Cubase 5 | Steinberg

Please don’t tell me you’re a cracker (please don’t take that the wrong way if you are not).

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I ended up doing - MIDI track with stick click sound. I am not a “cracker,” just don’t pay attention to much of anything on the internet. I am likely going to upgrade to 11 though after I try the trial version.

There would be a few ways to take that the wrong way! :rofl:

1 Like

Right on. Hey, nothing wrong with using old stuff if it still works for you. I’m far behind hardware wise, but for what I do it still works fine. Things have changed a bunch from 5->11, so get ready to make some adjustments if you take the plunge. I recently installed the 11 trial, but will probably stick with my stable 10.5 setup for now. At least until I finally have a reason to upgrade my whole system. A new computer will probably mean a new audio interface (still using firewire) among other things. Too much money for me right now. Anyway, I’m glad you figured out a temporary solution.