Cubase 5.5.3 pre-announcement

Thank you very many!

+1

Yes i would be interested for Studio 5 too…

Nevertheless it’s a welcomed surprise!!!
:smiley:

Yes considering those products are now at the end of their lifespan it would be great to have further compatibility during the ultimate (and inevitable) transition to C6

Great!!!

That was classy!!!

Am I in the wrong forums? :laughing: Very cool Steinberg I thought for sure 5.5.2 was the end of the line for C5.

Kudos (even though I already got C6).

To be honest, I was half expecting to see this thread having turned into discussion about why Steinberg crew are terrible people for doing this and not dedicating their resources on [insert anything else here]. :laughing:

Good idea really because the flow on will count towards v6 considering they are “essentially” the same app. eg full project compatibility.

I’d be up for an update to Essential :slight_smile:

Agree - great news - any indication if the “VST Bridge improvements” specifically includes a fix for the current problem with BFD2 (ie - C5 crashes on close for any project using BFD2) ??

I understand the same issue exists in C6.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Can anyone from Steinberg answer whether 5 Essential will be updated at all, ever?
It seems to have been completely neglected for a very long while…

Dafad.

Well then let me ask you this…I am one of those that can get the cheap upgrade because of purchase timing. or shud i stay w/ 5 and get that update

Depends on your operating system.

I’m glad to hear it Steiny. I have been well pleased with 5.5.2, but have been considering venturing into some hobby video projects, so that would be a great help. Regarding the VST Bridge, I have to take an anxiety pill every time I think about trying it again. :wink: Seriously though, I like this communication and attention to the customers with the existing version as well.

Out of respect, you’ve locked in my resolution to upgrade to 6 in the coming months.

I tell you, one thing I would really like to see is Cubase overtake Pro Tools as the defacto studio standard… simply by gaining loyalty by doing what you are doing, and the customers response by further investing in your products. Good business!

Cheers,

please please please tell me they have fixed the mp3 tagging (on audio export) that they broke in C5 :slight_smile:

Thanks alot for this, I really apreciate it!

Can you also please, please, please impliment VSTi sidechaining?

Danke!

Thank you! so happy about the removal of the wet/dry block for Rev on group tracks :slight_smile:

hmmm seems like essential is left behind in the dust

Cubase Artist is the logical upgrade and historically Studio/Full had updates simultaneously and Essential got updates last.

By the title of this post one could infer there will be no update for either studio or essential but of course this would need to be confirmed.

hmmmmm ok maybe it is time to get the upgrade but i think 128 midi is a bit low when most my stuff is done in midi but is gone look into it