Cubase 5 Cannot see Rewire (Reason 9)

Hello I am still using Cubase 5 I used to use 32 bit but I just upgrade computer so it’s Windows 10 64 bit with Cubase 5 64 Bit and Reason 9 64 Bit.

Under devices, there is now no Reason.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

I am also still using cubase5,installed as 32 bit on 64 bit win 7 pc.

I was using Reason 8.3(I think) and after finding no rewire window showing in cubase5 was told on this forum i believe(was some time ago now) that cubase5 does not support rewire in 64 bit mode so could not use cubase rewired to Reason.

I contacted proppellorheads support and they told me to install Reason as 32 bit instead of 64 bit,can’t remember how i did it as it was a few years ago now.

If its not on the proppellorheads siteshowing you how to install Reason as 32 bit then get in touch with their support and they should be able to tell you how to do it.

It works fine when both cubase5 and Reason are run in 32 bit mode.

Hope that helps a bit and you can get it sorted out.

This might be of help,i read it on the gearslutz forum.

“The 32-bit version of Reason was installed using the instructions in the Reason readme file (which is, basically, to create a shortcut that runs the Reason installer with an additional “/32” option on its command line).”

So maybe go to the readme file and see if you can use that to guide you installing Reason in 32 bit mode.

*** Versions 6 -through- 8.1 support BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
Reason v8.1 (32BIT + 64BIT) was the last version of Reason that offered 32bit executable, but it also offered both 32bit + 64bit versions.

Reason v8.3 (64BIT) is 64bit only, which means its incapable of operating in 32bit mode
therefore – no 32bit rewire functionality, ONLY 64BIT.