Cubase 5 midi integration with microkorg

Hi everyone –

Aim: I am attempting to use cubase’s midi sequencer to ‘play’ microkorg’s tone generator, at which point I would record the audio back into cubase.

Background: I have had success with this; however, for some reason my midi will simply stop working (tones will no longer sound). This is usually after I have closed out of cubase and opened the track again. In other words, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

On the microkorg, I have midi set to EXTernal, etc. and I keep these settings the same – therefore I do not think this is a problem with the korg. Note: korg sends midi data fine…

I am using a m-audio USB Uno midi cord to route the midi. I have installed the correct driver, and most of the time I see the send-receive lights flash (once in a while I don’t).

I’m beginning to believe this is a routing problem having to do with cubase sending midi data improperly, either that or the m-audio cord routing the data improperly. Because midi stops working after I re-open cubase, I think it could possibly have to do with cubase. On the other hand, I have heard of midi routing issues associated with shoddy midi cords, and I figure this could be a possibility.

I realize this is a tricky issue, and the problem could be attributed to several things, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I go seek out a more devoted midi console. I know the m-audio is bottom of the line, but I still figure I should be able to make it work properly.

Thanks,
Dan

Hello,

Check the monitor button in the inspector…