Cubase 5 won't recognise Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Hi,
I just bought a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, as I want to be able to record 8 tracks at the same time on Cubase 5.
I installed the drives for the Focusrite and my Windows XP Professional is working ok with it but Cubase won’t recognise it. I’ve the latest version of Cubase 5 installed. I wonder what I need to do so my Cubase 5 works like it did with my previous sound card ( M-Audio Firewire 410)

Thanks!

I wonder which steps of the setup explained in the manual you have done already, and what exactly isn´t working…?

Hi, and thanks

My windows XP Professional Service pack 3 has installed the drivers for the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and it’s working; for example if I play a video on Youtube I can hear it through the speakers. But if I go to VST Connections on my Cubase 5, the Saffire is not available in the device port, so Cubase does not recognise the Saffire.

Yes, because before you can select a port, you have to select the correct driver in Cubase. Read the manual once again, or try the board´s search function - explained here hundreds of times for people who don´t read the manual…

Did you power the device before opening Cubase?

Hi there again,

Yes of course you have to select the right driver but I can’t even do that, I can’t open the VST audio system it tells me “Device failed to open” and yeah, I do read the manuals but I just haven’t been able to sort this one out. :smiley:

Yeah, I did thanks!

Try trashing Prefs and setting it up again from scratch.

Aah, of course I should have known that immediately. Unfortunately, my mind reading skills are so bad… :wink: