Cubase 6.0.2 Auto Save Problem

My C6 is crashing quite frequently now, see other topic. C6.0.2 Plugin Load/Crash - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

This has been VERY frustrating losing a lot of work due to a problem I’m having with the Auto Save feature.

Basically, every time I log in to C6, I have to go into Preferences and check the Auto Save box. Why is this?

I bought Cubase 4 when it first came out. I checked the Auto Save box the first day I used it, and haven’t touched it since. Never had a problem with it.

With the amount of crashing C6 seems to be doing for other users, I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

If you gave system specs it may be clearer to others what is happening to your system or with Cubase.
Always with a new version of programs this powerful it is wise to be wary of upgrading especially if the system is a couple of years old or more.

Cubase is saving preferences during normal closing of app. While crashing it has no chance to save new preferences to file.

• Try to execute Cubase, set up autosave in preferences and then quit Cubase. And start it again, it should remember autosave now…

Thanks chrispal,

I know I’ve checked the box in preferences a few times now. The times C6 has crashed, I’ve went back in thinking I’d have backup file waiting for me, and nothing. Do you think the auto-save would become unchecked if I started a new project with a different template?

That’s the only thing I could think of that would cause this problem. But again, I don’t remember that being the case with previous versions of Cubase… :confused:

Your prefs file is corrupted. Read the sticky in this form, about troubleshooting.