Cubase 6.0.2 / Cubase Artist 6.0.2 Update discussion

would there be a → “Inspector Button Expansion Kit”, I would order immediately today.

word play on Button-Bottom I wonder?

Would people want to by the “Inspector Bottom Expansion Kit”? This is the internet, so yes.

Bottom inspectors?.. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_448y6kVhntg/SwvZ-RO4REI/AAAAAAAAE8Y/VqVhfC4Qb3I/s1600/bottom_blimey.jpg :wink:

Oh you brits. You say what we Americans only think. :laughing:

The Meters arn’t as good as 6.0. Shame they went for the old style with the little black lines.

Cool it is ‘working’ for you, but check that you haven’t lost other vital/nice functionality in the process… What are your preference settings for ‘Scroll to Selected’ in Prefs → Editing → Project and Mixer…? Have you experimented there at all…? Are you bothered…? Does it matter (sounds like you’re happy as is…!?) :wink:

I have to have one OR the other (Channel OR Track) selected to turn this wretched behaviour off; but I lose the Mixer/Track list selection consistency (BOTH ways)…

See here Annoying 'feature': expand folder track - #23 by Puma0382 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Bob

Yes agreed - 6.0.2 metering is not as nice. Wonder why the change…?

(I’m afraid you’ve lost me there completely :confused: . What little black lines, where? )

The channel meters in the mixer - you can see all the little segregations now; before, this was quite smooth and looked better (IMHO)…

Im sure there’s some much better descriptive term for it, other than little black lines :slight_smile: , but i cant think of another way of putting it right now. They are different though to 6.0 And that difference for me is a step back. Those meters were very slick before…

A big +1, I simply cannot use the quantize feature full stop till this bug is addressed :imp:

Can you post a screenshot? (I really don’t know what you are talking about! :confused: :slight_smile: ) You mean the meters in the Mixer?

+1…

“Been there, done that…”, exactly what I meant :wink:

Still, where are the ‘shadowed’ waveforms in the controllers’ lanes gone? Can I get them back?

Update 6.0.2 autorun crash.
No possible to update W7.

Hope this shows up for you

:confused: :confused: I don’t see any difference since Cubase 6.0.

No, no, you are not running update properly. This is new since Cubase6. I don’t know if it is by request, or do you need to buy some expansion pack to get by it, but the point is, you cannot just run the installer as it was before. Now you actually have to be smart enough, to unpack installer and run updates manually. This is a sign, that C6 is getting more and more professional. Not to mention the threads on using hex editor to sort plugins… C6 is turning really pro - soon you will need knowledge of coding to use this beast. I wonder if C7 will come bundled with C++, or Fortran perhaps…

Now, don’t bother double clicking installer. And don’t expect any solution from Steinberg. It was reported long ago, but no reply from Steinberg. And now again… You are expected to figure this one on your own. Or from this forum, of course, if you are lucky to bump into solution by chance.

What Steinberg expects you to do, in order to update, (both on Win7 and XP), is the following:

1. rename installer to *.zip. (not to *.rar, that worked for 6.0.1. They changed it now, maybe by request…)
  2. Unpack it to directory, and browse through directory structure, untill you recognize installers.
  3. Wisely choose 3 installers out of 6, and run them one by one (carefully, not all of them are the right ones).
  4. update is done, yay, you get blue buttons on mixer!!! …and stuff… :laughing:

…bloody hell!!! :unamused:

That is indeed quite ugly imho. Steinberg, please put these new ‘features’ as an option instead of hard-coding them into the program, thanks !